Help

i cant turn on my sansa clip and i updated the firmware. I tried the soft reset while plugged in the comp and while its not. The soft reset didnt work it just turned off the sansa clip so it didnt charge.

Brian1

p.s it only turns on to charge 

@brian1 wrote:

i cant turn on my sansa clip and i updated the firmware. I tried the soft reset while plugged in the comp and while its not. The soft reset didnt work it just turned off the sansa clip so it didnt charge.

Brian1

Sorry, I guess it’s me but I don’t get what you are saying. First, you say that your Clip won’t turn on . . . but yet you updated the firmware. How was this done if the unit was off?

Then you said “the soft reset didn’t work; it just turned it off”. I thought it was already off and you are trying to get it to turn on?

Finally, you said “it didn’t charge”, but then “p.s it only turns on to charge”

???

Do you see my (and most likely other’s) confusion? Is it on or off? Does it charge, or not? Does it make a data connection with your computer or doesn’t it?

And btw, the soft reset will only work when the device is not plugged into the computer. And yes, it will shut the unit off; that’s what it’s supposed to do. By continuing to hold the button for approx. 20 secs. after it powers down; that’s what resets it.

So . . . would you care to start over, and clearly state your problem, or what exactly your question is so that someone can help you?

@brian1 wrote:

Brian1

Sorry, I guess it’s me but I don’t get what you are saying. First, you say that your Clip won’t turn on . . . but yet you updated the firmware. How was this done if the unit was off?

Then you said “the soft reset didn’t work; it just turned it off”. I thought it was already off and you are trying to get it to turn on?

???

Do you see my (and most likely other’s) confusion? Is it on or off? Does it charge, or not? Does it make a data connection with your computer or doesn’t it?

And btw, the soft reset will only work when the device is not plugged into the computer. And yes, it will shut the unit off; that’s what it’s supposed to do. By continuing to hold the button for approx. 20 secs. after it powers down; that’s what resets it.

So . . . would you care to start over, and clearly state your problem, or what exactly your question is so that someone can help you?

One more bit of advice . . . “Help” really doesn’t describe your problem or entice people to read your post. The majority of posts here are asking for “Help”. That is after all, why we are here. Either asking to help, or helping those who ask for it. Try and describe in a few words what your problem or question is in the Subject line, so people will want to click on your post and read it. :wink:

@brian1 wrote:

Brian1

???

And btw, the soft reset is designed to work when the device is not plugged into the computer. And yes, it will shut the unit off; that’s what it’s supposed to do. By continuing to hold the button for approx. 20 secs. after it powers down; that’s what resets it.

One more bit of advice . . . “Help” really doesn’t describe your problem or entice people to read your post. The majority of posts here are asking for “Help”. That is after all, why we are all here. Either asking for help, or helping those who ask for it. Please try to describe in a few words what your problem or question is in the Subject line, so people will want to click on your post and read it. That will get you the most (and highest quality) repsonses.  :wink:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 08-09-2009 05:22 PM

I would leave it charging overnight, for half a day.  When you disconnect it, see if it will start up.  If necessary, try a reset–hold the on switch in the uppermost position for 15-20 seconds.