Sansa Clip wont turn on after firmware upgrade

I purchased a sansa clip today. Connected it to my pc and got a hardware wizard, which subsequently gave me an error. I let it charge for about 2 hours before trying again with the same results. So I came to the website and downloaded the firmware update. Everything seemed to go fine with the update and the system instructed me to unplug the unit to finalize. I unplugged it and waited for it to say it was done, and turned it off. Now it wont turn back on at all. Help!!!

Did you get the “firmware” message on the clip after disconnecting?

Next, manually reset the clip by holding the power switch in the spring-loaded ON position for 10 seconds or so.

Lastly, switch her on as usual.  If all is well, you should get the SanDisk sansa logos, and Bob’s your uncle!

Is your PC set up with XP SP2 and Windows Media Player 11?

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

From this thread: “I purchased a sansa clip today. Connected it to my pc and got a hardware wizard, which subsequently gave me an error. I let it charge for about 2 hours before trying again with the same results. So I came to the website and downloaded the firmware update. Everything seemed to go fine with the update and the system instructed me to unplug the unit to finalize. I unplugged it and waited for it to say it was done, and turned it off. Now it wont turn back on at all. Help!!!

From another thread: “Personally I just bought my Sansa Clip today and had the same problems, upgraded the firmware and when it turned off after the firmware upgrade it no longer turns on at all. Not with the power switch, not when plugged in, not at all. Anyone have any ideas?”

ladynic73, please refrain from making multiple posts on the same problem. Cross posting isn’t polite

Yes it got the updating message I tried reseting it numerous times but it didnt work. completely dead wont light up or charge or anything so I took it back.