sansa clip won't turn on

my sansa clip won’t turn on, and formatting also does not increase the amount of free space on the flash drive, although it appears as if all the files are deleted. holding the power button on does nothing. however, when it connects to the pc, it does say connected, but once it is disconnected from the pc the screen immediately blanks. any help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Did you try reformatting using your PC?  And then upgrade to the latest firmware or re-apply that firmware–perhaps it got corrupted.  Good luck.

My new clip won’t turn on anymore either.  I’ve reformatted (using my pc), updated firmware to version 1.083. still won’t turn on and now when i plug in to usb it gets stuck “writing” even when I’m not writing anything to it.  Still won’t power up.  I’ve only had it a few weeks - worked fine yesterday. Help.

@ophelia wrote:
My new clip won’t turn on anymore either.  I’ve reformatted (using my pc), updated firmware to version 1.083. still won’t turn on and now when i plug in to usb it gets stuck “writing” even when I’m not writing anything to it.  Still won’t power up.  I’ve only had it a few weeks - worked fine yesterday. Help.

What is 1.083 from??  This number doesn’t sound like anything close to 1.01.29, the current build.  Beware any firmware not available here directly via SanDisk.

Try holding the power switch up in the spring-loaded ON position for 10 seconds, release, and try powering up again.

I would reinstall the CORRECT firmware via the “sticky” firmware 1.01.29 thread here.  Be sure to unzip the file prior to installation, noting that the unzipped bin ary file is needed for installation.  If you don’t unzip the file, it won’t install.

NOTE as of 23 November 2008, the new firmware 01.01.30 is available.  Please check the highlighted “stickies” at the top of the main Clip forum page for news and details regarding the latest firmware.

There are now two revisions of the Sansa Clip in the field, Revisions 1 and 2.  Functionally similar, they have a slightly different internal circuit board.  On the device, go to the Settings > Info page.  The beginning digits of the firmware installed: if it starts with 01, you have a Revision 1 device, and if with 02, a Revision 2 device.

Select the correct Revision applicaple to your device.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 11-23-2008 08:18 AM

my sansa clip will not turn on, i have updated it but it will not turn on. whenever it is charging it say writing when i am not writing and when i disconnect it, it does not come on back

@shane18 wrote:
my sansa clip will not turn on, i have updated it but it will not turn on. whenever it is charging it say writing when i am not writing and when i disconnect it, it does not come on back

Try resetting it.

It sounds like you have a broken battery wire, search this forum on this topic.  You probably need to return the player.