HELP! Sansa says subscription tracks are expired!

I have a technical question. When I purchased my Sansa Fuse(pink 4GB) I got a month free of the Rhapsody. Well I put some songs on there and now its saying “Your subscription tacks have expired, connect to your PC.” I deleted all the songs and everything and its still showing up when I first turn the MP3 player on, also there is a red circle with a white minus sign in the center of it on the bottom right hand corner. The only thing I want to know is how to stop it from coming up? I already deleted the songs. I appreciate you time and help. Thank you very much.

maybe a system-format brings the solution?

you find that point in the system settings!

Reformatting would seem to be an unacceptable response, but I’m assuming that a reformat will whip out what I have already stored on my Fuze. Is there another way to resolve this problem?

Just delete the file under Services/Rhapsody/subscriptioninfo.xml

Okay, I can do that. How will deleting a file off my PC keep this message from appearing on my Fuze? Is there something I have to do with the Fuze connected to my PC?

The file is in the Services folder of the Fuze , not on your computer.

The Fuze is a RhapPFS compatible device, meaning that it fully supports the Rhapsody system.  Once the file is removed, the device will no longer display the subscription ststus indicator, and the Rhapsody Channels option turns off.

Bob  :wink:

Ahhhh. That is a much better fix than reformatting the device.

I noticed that I have 2 Service folders. The second one is empty. Why is this? Is it of any concern?

Are both folders for rhapsody? IF you dont use subscriptions, then delete all of them, if you do use a subscription then make sure you keep the folder for that service.

The duplicate Services folder may be your issue.  I’ve seen this on the Clip before.  I think WiMP may influence the problem, or the duplicate might just be a glitch. 

There should only be one services folder, with Rhapsody data as a subfolder.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

i dont know how to find the file. can you help?

Sure.  Plug in your trusty Sansa.  Mine’s in MTP mode…

Open a Windows Explorer window via My Computer, or the shortcut: [Windows key] > + E.

Double click on the Sansa, then double click on Internal Memory, then you’ll see the Services folder.  Open this, and delete the Rhapsody information and folder.

Remember, you’ll get the pink subscription message if you try to play any remaining Rhapsody audio tracks.  A simple solution here is to format the player, clearing the memory, then add new music.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

If you connect to Rhapsody it should place a new subscriptioninfo.xml on the device.  Just select “License”  by right clicking the Fuze in Rhapsody.

Hello…

I have a 16mg Sansa View that won’t hold the subscription. I have Rhapsody too… don’t know if that makes a difference or not.

I have formatted it a minumum of 5 times over the last month, maybe 6 weeks. I have tried right clicking in Rhapsody to license it… doesn’t do anything. I checked and it’s authorized.

Another thing… it won’t hold the date. I don’t reformat it and I’ll look and it goes back to Jan 1.

I’m beginning to think I should take it back as a ‘lemon’ and get it repaired (okay they’ll probably just give you a different one and send this back to SanDisk).

HELP!!!

I have a 8 mg, works fine, once a month I plug it in and resubscribe. It’s just this stupid 16mg…

Any suggestions (I tried deleting the subscription file on the player, that didn’t do anything either… still had the annoying red dot).

Thanks

Message Edited by icechips on 04-30-2009 05:47 PM

Open the Rhapsody Client, and plug in your View.

Hold the [ctrl] + [shift] keys, and right click on the View, when it is listed in the sources pane.

Select Reset Secure Clock.

Right click on the View ( don’t hold any keys this time) and deauthorize, then reauthorize the device.

Unplug, and see if the subscription error disappears.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

None of the above worked. I still get the Expired Subscription message every time I turn on the Fuze. When I first deleted the XML file, the message went away, but came back as soon as I updated my Rhapsody Cnannels.

Also, in the Rhapsody client, it shows that my device is licensed through 2013 although both the clock on my computer and the one on the Fuze have the same date and time. Resetting the secure clock doesn’t change this. 

Note: This is only an annoyance that makes the Fuze take longer to boot up. I am still able to play every Rhapsody track it contains.

Message Edited by qualityaudio on 06-20-2009 09:12 AM

It’s possible that the secure clock of your Fuze may have an issue.  Try formatting the Fuze, then retransferring a few tracks from Rhapsody after reauthorizing the device.

Note that formatting the Fuze clears all media from the device, so be sure that you have backup copies of your music (files transferred from a source other than Rhapsody, for example).

If the device does not resume normal operation after formatting, contact Support at 1-866-SanDisk for further testing and a possible replacement Fuze.

µsansa

I think it is an issue with Rhapsody.

I have the same thing happening all the time.  My Channels and Tracks will update their individual licenses, but Rhapsody REFUSES to write the subscriptioninfo.xml file.

I found a link that explains the whole subscriptioninfo.xml and by following those guidelines you can manually edit the data to clear the error.  It’s a program and test document, so I know it works, I’ve done it.

Do a google search on “qpqa subscriptioninfo.xml” and you will see a link to a Rhapsody PlayForSure test program guide.

Check out tests 8.7 and beyond.

NOTE:  This does NOT do anything to renew your track licenses, it just resets the Green/Yellow/Dot.  So if you edit it, it is possible your Fuze may get expired tracks prior to the Green Dot going red.  My suggestion is if you sync to Rhapsody and the message doesn’t go away, then reset the data right after you disconnect the fuze so your track licenses and green dot stay synced.

P.S.  Recently something wierd happened.  Last time I updated, I deleted the .xml file, and when Rhapsody FINALLY decided to write one, it only put my name and account data, but did not write the LicenseDuration tag, nor did it write the TimeOfLicense tag.  As a result, my channels and PFS DRM tracks play as normal, but now I have NO Dot at all.  Which, hey, isn’t that bad, at least I won’t have the thing nagging me all the time :slight_smile:

Message Edited by p_opus on 08-14-2009 04:21 PM

Yeah, I just don’t care that much about this issue to put any more effort into it. It’s not affecting my ability to enjoy music, except when I first turn on the Fuze and I have to wait an extra ten seconds for the warning to go away, so I live with it.

Oh, and I just noticed this thread is listed as “Solved”. It isn’t, unless by “Solved”, Sansa means this must be a Rhapsody problem. 

Message Edited by qualityaudio on 08-15-2009 07:33 AM

easy to fix log on to rhapsody then right click the device then click renew licence

@qualityaudio wrote:

Yeah, I just don’t care that much about this issue to put any more effort into it. It’s not affecting my ability to enjoy music, except when I first turn on the Fuze and I have to wait an extra ten seconds for the warning to go away, so I live with it.

Oh, and I just noticed this thread is listed as “Solved”. It isn’t, unless by “Solved”, Sansa means this must be a Rhapsody problem. 

Message Edited by qualityaudio on 08-15-2009 07:33 AM

You can press the select button to make the warning to go away immediately.

And maybe the topic creator was helped by the “solution”. That is the person with the ability to mark a topic as solved. I suppose site staff can as well, but I don’t know of it ever happening.