help!! i dropped my clip zip

i’m hoping desperately that someone can help me with my problem.  i dropped my clip zip + on my kitchen floor and now the power button will not work.  the player comes on when i plug it to the computer, and when i remove the plug, the player is on, but i cannot turn it off. also, the button doesn’t “feel” right.  my daughter says the button is loose.

and it was a christmas gift…**whimpers**

HEEEELLLP!!!:cry:

The power button is likely broken (inside) and I don’t know if there is a way to open such a small device. Too bad since it’s a christmas gift however, you can still use it BUT you need to hook it up to your PC every time you need to turn it on. Turning it off is not a problem since this device has a “sleep” setting. All you need to do is set it to sleep after a certain amount of time if it’s not in use (playing). I set mine to sleep after 5 minutes and all I have to do is press “stop” and it will turn itself off after 5 mins.So your problem is actually turning it on not off since you need to use the USB with a PC.

@tranceman365 wrote:

Turning it off is not a problem since this device has a “sleep” setting. All you need to do is set it to sleep after a certain amount of time if it’s not in use (playing). I set mine to sleep after 5 minutes and all I have to do is press “stop” and it will turn itself off after 5 mins.

Actually, what you are describing is the Power Saver mode. This will shut down the player after a user-set time of inactivity (paused or not playing), which is quite different from the Sleep setting that powers off the player after so many minutes regardless of playing or not. This is more or less a timer.

Whether it was a gift or not, I would advise the OP to call SanDisk Tech Support and simply explain the power button has broken (without all the details of exactly how). I’m not suggesting anything dishonest, but if it couldn’t survive a fall without breaking it most likely was defective in the 1st place. These things aren’t that fragile and should stand up to a certain degree of “normal wear & tear” which includes jarring and bumps (as those encountered in a drop or fall).