hello ppl,This is my first post and my only problem.Well...

hello ppl,This is my first post and my only problem.Well here it is the info
Firmware:01.00.15f2 OS
:vista business player:sansa express 1gig.
my status:installed the updater and it is connected to the internet.
problem:when i check for updates the program gives me a warning that it must be in usbmode and not in the sync mode.
Well on the manual pdf it says that you can go into settings on the player and set the usb type,but this is far from the truth as there is no settings in the player for this mode,So what i did was do the trick with the control panel and update driver and select mass storage device.
So now my player is a memorystick,i then access the updater and it still gives me that message to unplug and set the player to M something i forgot.
solution: i have the latest firmware and how can i update my firmare if this message shows all the time no matter what mode the player is in
Conclusion:is there a fix for this or manual update for the firmware.

sorry for the messy thread but my pc is down at the moment and i am using my cellphone.Also for the double post

I had Windows XP and never had an issue like this, but then upgraded to Vista Ultimate and am getting the same exact issue.  I’m about ready to say the firmware updater isn’t natively compatible with Vista. I have a feeling there’s some monkeying around we need to do to get it to work, if it will work at all.

i think this prob is actually related to IE7.  we just downgraded from 6 (stil on an XP platform), and are suddenly having all sorts of problems, including the one described by OP

I upgraded my player on my vista laptop, and it worked just fine for me.  (Vista Home Premium)