Fuze will charge but not connect to computer in both mtp and msc

I tryed it on my xp comp and my linux comp and all it does is have a flashing lighting bolt by the battery symble and won’t go into the blue circle that states its connected and ive ryed both modes on both computers… my other mp3 players connect just fine…

is there a way to reset the fuze 

First, try the reset function: slide the power switch to the spring-loaded ON position, and HOLD it there for 10 seconds.  Then see if the device is recognized.

Next option, a formatting.

It will erase your data on the device, but you can start fresh by using the Fuze’s Format command.

On the Fuze: Settings > System settings > Format > Yes .

See if it connects normally after this refresh.

Bob :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 07-10-2008 06:38 PM

when i hold it in the on postion for tenseconds it turns on then says goodbye 2 seconds later so am i saposed to turn the device on first then turn the on agian. second i have formatted it 3 times already and set it back to factory mode. illl see what i can do if all else failes ill have to get an exchange for the second time

You can try to reload the firmware and see if this helps.  If this fails, then you may need to replace you device once again.

LINK

Go Sansa!

Despite the display cycling, be sure to hold the ON switch until the device is reset.  Hold the switch for 15 seconds to be sure.

The device should not restart on its own when the switch is released.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

@sansame wrote:

You can try to reload the firmware and see if this helps.  If this fails, then you may need to replace you device once again.

LINK

Go Sansa!

I’m having this same problem. If he cannot connect to the device in file manager, how is he supposed to reload the firmware? Using the WINDOWS firmware installer that is NOT compatible with the latest version of Wine?

I am having the same problem.  It is not recognized by my computer at all.  It will charge, but that is all.  I’ve already tried all options in the support page.

OK…this is some kind of product wide glitch. I’ve had mine since Christmas. I’ve loaded, unloaded, formatted, updated the firmware, and yesterday it decides that it isn’t going to be recognized by the PC. Same symptoms as the previous writers. What’s the next option?

Can we send it back to sandisk for a replacement? (I really like this 8GB FUZE) I’d much rather there be some sort of firmware/software fix. Any ideas?

Thanx,

Dan

8GB FUZE 

firmware 01.01.22A

bump!

Has anybody tried blameing the computer? Go to The Control Pannel and then to system, and then device manager, Look at the USB ports and see if they are working… If they are plug your fuze in. If it doesnt recognize the fuze, then unplug the fuze, Right click on your USB ports in the Device Manager, and go down to uninstall, Uninstall the USB Drivers, Restart your PC. Rhen Plug your fuze in and you should get a little pop up bubble saying new device found and installing drivers. Also Make sure you have the latest versions of Windows.

XP=Service Pack 3

Vista =Service PAck 1

Well, I did the driver re-install of the USB…No Joy…What’s next? It’s NOT my computer.

I still feel like this needs to be taken a bit more seriously by SanDisk…

Dan

@coastiedan wrote:

Well, I did the driver re-install of the USB…No Joy…What’s next? It’s NOT my computer.

Well look at it this way - there are thousands of Fuze’s out there with a very restricted set of configurations - probably 3 or 4 different firmware versions - and the vast majority of them work fine.

There is only one PC in the world configured exactly like yours - and it doesn’t  work with your Fuze.

So the most likely place to find the problem is:

• An incompatibility between your PC’s configuration and the Fuze. Even if your PC is configured properly, you may have some extra driver or app that screws up the Fuze.
  • There is a fault with your specific hardware, either the Fuze, the cable or the PC.

Therefore you need to take some responsibility for trying to nail the problem - if you want it fixed.

Have you tried both MTP and MSC modes on your Fuze (rather than letting Auto mode do what it feels like)?

Have you tried your Fuze and cable on another PC (at least XP SP2 + WMP10 if you want to use MTP)?

Have you tried some other bit of USB hardware in the PC USB port you are trying to use the Fuze in?

Have you checked to see if the Fuze appears in Device Manager with a yellow warning icon?

@coastiedan wrote:

I still feel like this needs to be taken a bit more seriously by SanDisk…

Dan

You’ve come to the wrong place then - the forum is populated by users, not SanDisk staff. You need to go hereand raise the problem in your eBox if you want Sandisk to respond.

I’ve had the same problem and was told by S.D. to return the player to ‘store’ from which it was bought. In my case Amazon.com.

So I’m wondering how many of you got your Fuze from Amazon??

The next thought is did Amazon get ‘seconds’ from san disk?

From all of the similar threads added makes one think.

Daytona, Thanks. Maybe the frustration of only having the fuze for a week and then having it not function properly has affected my communication skills. Hopefully, no offense was taken.Thanks for the re-direct and maybe a real fix to this dilemma.

foxchaser: Strangely enough, it was from Amazon.com. This makes me think. Are they getting seconds? Hmmmmm?

Dan

No offense at all!

Did you manage to try a different PC? If so what happened?

Message Edited by daytona955 on 01-08-2009 11:56 PM

SSDD…tried on different PC. Same result. I am ready to return it now…Does SanDisk have a slow EBox process?? I sent them a description of the problem and have waited for a couple of days…

(patience is not my forte’)

Awaiting their reply…

Dan

The’ve responded to me within one or two days normally. I’ve raised 3 queries with them.

If you’re going for an RMA - better buy some patience vitamins - it’s *really* slow. I had to return my e260, and it took a month from raising the issue to getting the replacement. I live in the UK - I had to send it to the Czech Republic, where it got forwarded to Philadelphia, from where the replacement eventually shipped. The Sandisk staff where helpful throughout though - be nice to them - they’re just working the Sandisk system…!

If you can return the Fuze to the retailer, you might get a quicker result.

Back to amazon it goes…thanks for your help… Dan

Amazon UK have always been pretty good about replacing stuff for me. Good luck!

@coastiedan wrote:

Daytona, Thanks. Maybe the frustration of only having the fuze for a week and then having it not function properly has affected my communication skills. Hopefully, no offense was taken.Thanks for the re-direct and maybe a real fix to this dilemma.

foxchaser: Strangely enough, it was from Amazon.com. This makes me think. Are they getting seconds? Hmmmmm?

Dan

Absolutely not.  I have purchased 2 Fuzes and multiple micro SD cards from Amazon over the course of the last several months and have not had any issues whatsoever.

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 01-11-2009 07:51 AM