Fuze: video

There’s a lot of info here on how to handle video.  I’ve got overload by trying to keep up so I’m just going to throw this out.

I have inconsistencies with using SMC.  I have K-Lite Codec pack installed with along with WMP 11 and a couple of other things that I’ve read help to have installed for SMC to function correctly.  However, as I’ve said it’s inconsistent.  Yesterday after updating the K-Lite codec pack SMC seemed to convert whatever I had fine. Today, no changes on the PC with software, I’m back to having problems again. 

1. Is there a better program to use that works with converting several file types over to the format that the Fuze will actually play?

2. I’ve read concerns about video and audio being out of sync. What’s the best way to handle this?

3. What’s the longest video you can get onto the Fuze and actually play the whole thing? I know the e200 series seem to max at around 10 minutes

Other questions as well.  I’m looking for a quality and simple way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by SBMongoos on 12-01-2008 11:02 AM

To convert it without SMC go to http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=7981&query.id=24757#M7981

That suggests using WinAVI.What about us non-Windoze users?