Fuze usb problems

I have 2 Sansa Fuze (~9 month old) and they each came with a usb interface cable. I transfer recordings to and from my Fuze weekly. About 3 month ago one of the cables failed. That is: when the fuse is connected to the computer the fuse shows its connected and rechares battery ok. the computer sees the device (as drive E’: and identies it with the correct icon but when I go to the Fuze there are no directories. This seems to point to the cable since the other cable had no issues with either of my 2 units. Now the second cable has failed with the same problem. I went to BestBuy and picked up another compatible cable from another vendor. So far is working fine.

What’s up these cables? 

Thanks

Richard

Mine work okay.  I’ve had my Fuze over a year, the original one works fine, I use it at home.  At work I have one I picked up off amazon and use it at least once a day and have had it for a long time (sorry I can’t remember when, I got it soon after I got my Fuze though).

But cables, like other things, aren’t forever.  Wish they were. 

I haven’t had a cable fail yet–SanDisk or generic. And I charge or transfer things daily.