Fuse connects but will not charge or transfer data

When I connect my fuse to my computer it seems to do everything normally, but then and error message pops up saying “windows could not recognize your device please reconnect”.  Meanwhile the device says connected on the screen like it normally does.  I have also noticed that it does not charge while “connected”.  I have tried changing the usb mode, formatting, and reverting to factory settings, to no avail.  Does anyone know what could be wrong and how I could possibly fix it? 

Thanks

Try a different cable. They’ve been known to fail occasionally, through bending of the cord or imprecise plugging procedures, bending the pins.

Also, I’ve had the experience of the problem being on the computer’s side.  Both my Fuze and Clip weren’t recognized - neither had ever had a problem before, so I rebooted the computer.  After a fresh boot, both were recognized.

Ok, I will do that.  A new one is on its way.

Thanks

The computer doesnt seem to be the cause, I have tried it on other computers, and restarted the computer.

Thanks

I am currently having the same problem, the fuze will turn on and work properly when not connected, but when I plug it in to charge I get a “USB Device Not Reconized” message.  I get the same message on all computers I pulg it into and changing cables does not fix the problem.  I have plugged in my old Sansa E250, using the same computer & cable and it worked fine.  If anyone has a solution to this I too would appreciate it.

@gboydsmith wrote:

I am currently having the same problem, the fuze will turn on and work properly when not connected, but when I plug it in to charge I get a “USB Device Not Reconized” message.  I get the same message on all computers I pulg it into and changing cables does not fix the problem.  I have plugged in my old Sansa E250, using the same computer & cable and it worked fine.  If anyone has a solution to this I too would appreciate it.

Have you tried switching the player to MSC mode?

I have tried changeing to MSC mode.  It did not change anything.