FUZE REPLACEMENT HASSLE FROM TECH SUPPORT

MY FUZE DELETES SONGS AFTER SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION. IT DOES IT ON MEMORY CARDS,AND USING THE PLAYERS INTERNAL MEMORY.THE SONGS ARE THERE,THEN NEXT THING YOU KNOW SOME ARE GONE.I HAVE PERFORMED NUMEROUS THINGS FROM TECH SUPPORT THAT HAVE BEEN NO HELP AND THEY DONT SEEM TO WANT IT BACK TO REPAIR OR REPLACE.HOW DO YOU GET ACTUAL HELP FROM THESE PEOPLE? I HAVE WASTED HOURS OF TIME AND ALL I WANT IS FOR  THEM TO CHECK THIS THING OUT.I GUESS I’LL GET JERKED AROUND UNTIL THE WARRANTY EXPIRES?

READING LONG TEXTS ALL IN CAPITALS IS A BIT ANNOYING, ISN’T IT?

Try to change Mode of your device, go to system settings and switch mode from MSC and MTP, when you transfer songs on either mode it only shows you the song in the computer the songs you transfer in that mode. :wink:

I wish that was all that annoyed me!

I wish my all capital letters that irritate you was my only problem! If you cant help or didnt feel my frustration,I dont want or care for your responses. Thank You

Message Edited by shadmaster3 on 09-10-2009 03:08 AM

lol. First time on the 'net Shad?

*Pro Internet Tip*

NEARLY EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET CONSIDERS TYPING IN ALL CAPS TO MEAN THAT YOU ARE SHOUTING AND/OR SCREAMING. IN OTHER WORDS, THIS IS CONSIDERED TO BE VERY VERY RUDE.

I totally agree, we try to answer at the most possibly can, eve though they are a multimillionaire company they still have rules to be followed if you dont qualify for a replacment, talking to them nicely would have a better result :wink:

Thanks everyone for the grammar lessons pro. Now,if you had made 6 phone calls,spent hours on the phone over several days and never get any e-mails answered[and I was nice],and can’t get any satisfaction from these non english speaking people after being polite thru all this-I guess you would jumping for joy. It is evident they cannot repair this  over the phone,I have done everything asked of me,I just want a RTA number to return this under warranty player. I have a library of reference numbers going back 2 months.Just hope you dont have any problems. I wish someone took interest in my FUZE problem instead of using all caps.

Message Edited by shadmaster3 on 09-11-2009 02:55 AM

I did talk to them nicely considering all my time wasted. Also this FUZE is only 8 months old and has been acting up for 2 months,and they cant tell me what to do next. They repeat themselves over and over and say this will work,but it doesn’t.I would say this qualifies for RTA number to fix or replace.It’s not going to break them to check it out is it?I wish I was a genius like some of you out there think you are.Maybe my next languange will be Pakistani or something.Perhaps I:dizzy_face:'m not understanging their words correctly?

Message Edited by shadmaster3 on 09-11-2009 02:59 AM

shadmaster3 wrote:
I did talk to them nicely considering all my time wasted. Also this FUZE is only 8 months old and has been acting up for 2 months,and they cant tell me what to do next. They repeat themselves over and over and say this will work,but it doesn’t.I would say this qualifies for RTA number to fix or replace.It’s not going to break them to check it out is it?I wish I was a genius like some of you out there think you are.Maybe my next languange will be Pakistani or something.Perhaps I:dizzy_face:'m not understanging their words correctly?

Sometimes you have to gently persuade people over to your way of thinking with not-so-subtle language, like:

“I appreciate what you are saying and I know you are trying to help me the best you can, but with all the problems I’ve had up to this point and the sheer volume of time & energy I’ve spent on & off the phone trying to resolve this to absolutely no avail I would respectfully request that you honor SanDisk’s 1 year warranty at this point and issue me an RMA # (Returned Merchandise Authorization) to replace this defective unit so I can enjoy what I paid for. If you do not have the inclination or authority to authorize this, then could I please speak to your superior?”

Sad to say more and more companies are sending their tech support to  countries like INdia and pakistan. Hoping the american  consumer will get frustrated with the broken  english and the unwillingness of  them to help. So they  give up and just  buy a new one. that  way  companies save money  in  not  replacing defective items. When  I  buy Items in  america I would like my tech support to be in  the country  I  got it in. Not  to  have some person  from india ask me would I  like some beef  jerkey  with my slurpee

Message Edited by Dark_JediMaster on 09-11-2009 08:21 PM

@dark_jedimaster wrote:
Sad to say more and more companies are sending their tech support to  countries like INdia and pakistan. Hoping the american  consumer will get frustrated with the broken  english and the unwillingness of  them to help. So they  give up and just  buy a new one. that  way  companies save money  in  not  replacing defective items. When  I  buy Items in  america I would like my tech support to be in  the country  I  got it in. Not  to  have some person  from india ask me would I  like some beef  jerkey  with my slurpee

I’m not quite cynical enough to believe they’re deliberately trying to thwart customers from getting proper support in hopes we’ll just give up. I think they just try to save money by hiring the cheapest labor they can.

And although I too would prefer to speak with someone without a language barrier between us, that last part was uncalled for.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 09-12-2009 01:44 AM

@gwk1967 wrote:

@dark_jedimaster wrote:

I’m not quite cynical enough to believe they’re deliberately trying to thwart customers from getting proper support in hopes we’ll just give up. I think they just try to save money by hiring the cheapest labor they can.

And although I too would prefer to speak with someone without a language barrier between us, that last part was uncalled for.

I agree. Put the shoe on the other foot . . . People from that part of the globe who now live in the States probably find it just as hard to understand ‘our’ language with all the regional accents & slang, and I’m sure get tired of hearing, “Do you want fries with that?”

You need a refresher course on diversity training, Bud.

heck then why is it when people from other countries comes to our neck of the woods. we bend over backwards to  accomindate them.  heck last tiime i checked this was the USA and our country  national  language is english.  Now its going to be spanish real soon.  when  we goto their countries they  dont do the same.

You are misinformed. There is no “national language” of the U.S. Sure, English is the most widely spoken, but it’s not official by any means.

:smileyvery-happy:guess i  learn  something new everyday. no wonder spanish is picking up speed

Actually, you’re both right on different points.  English is the national language in the US, since it’s the primary language that’s used.   It’s not official since there isn’t a law that states that English is the official language. A government can declare a language “official” that isn’t used by the majority of it’s people.

Canada has two official languages, English and French.   So each citizen has to learn both languages.

Message Edited by mags1230 on 09-13-2009 07:07 AM

@dark_jedimaster wrote:
heck then why is it when people from other countries comes to our neck of the woods. we bend over backwards to  accomindate them.  heck last tiime i checked this was the USA and our country  national  language is english.  Now its going to be spanish real soon.  when  we goto their countries they  dont do the same.

This is getting wayyy off-topic here.

And in case anyone needs a refresher on the Forum Rules & Guidelines:

• Personal attacks will not be tolerated. There are to be no racial, ethnic, gender based discriminatory comments. 

:wink:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 09-13-2009 11:22 AM

And in case anyone needs a refresher on the Forum Rules & Guidelines:

• Personal attacks will not be tolerated. There are to be no racial, ethnic, gender based discriminatory comments. 

I finally got someone who agreed I had a problem and got warranty satisfaction and a RTA number. I am new to forums and this whole thing got out of hand with the english and grammar lessons. I wish my FUZE itself would have been the main concern,and thanks to those who tried to help!