Where is my replacement? Will be a month in days! --VERSION-2-

I sent my FUZE in for warrantee service and SanDisk acknowledged receiving it 23 days ago; that’s 15 business days. The problem is that I was told it would only take 7 to 10 days and that was only after I called on business day 7. I had not been emailed that they had received the player like others have reported. Likewise, my attempts at logging on to their email system for an update was met with the …no longer available … message.

Being patient and understanding concerning their workload, I waited until business day 11 and called again. Once again I was told to expect another possible delay and that I should call back in 2 days when they could “escalate” my request. I was also assured that an email would be sent once the player was being sent out. Each call was followed by a generic email stating answers might be available in their knowledge base ect.

The “Solved” message on this board concerning delayed warrantee work just seems to be a standard go look else where response for the rest of us. Can they really be that low on FUZEs , I am waiting on a 4GB.  Is SanDisk in trouble?

Why promise 7-10 day turn around when they know it is impossible? That is just poor service and a great way to loose future business. Be warned that it appears warranty service takes a good month, or more?

It just should not be this difficult to get service!

Agreed it should not be this much difficult to get service.  I’ve never had problems like this with any other major company.  At least  the support guy said they’re expected to be available 8/6.  

@djb wrote:

Why promise 7-10 day turn around when they know it is impossible? That is just poor service and a great way to loose future business. Be warned that it appears warranty service takes a good month, or more?

Because, as with any large company (and I’ve worked for a few) the right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing. Warranty replacement or Customer Service is a totally different division than Inventory Control. And remember, these things are made in China. For all you or anyone knows, there could be a boatload of them sitting on the docks right now waiting to pass customs. Certainly possible and any one of a number of other things could have delayed their shipment and was un-forseen.

Also, they aren’t going to change their standard 7-10 days response each & every time shipments are late. They might need to create an entirely new division just to do that! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve RMA’ed three Sansas already, and I’ve never had a problem.

I understand your frustration, believe me!

Sandisk is in the middle of making changes, improvements in the support system, both in the web system, and the “real world” facilities required to support that.

It’s a huge task.  Consider for a moment that they’ve been sailing along with the current system for several years.  Continuing support operations amidst the changes is a huge task in itself, it just takes a bit of time.  Handling the support requests, either by the web, or by telephone, then receiving, then the shipment back, involves quite a few links and different facilities.  Logistics with this seemingly simple task involves quite a bit, many individual “gears” in the machine.

The net result will be better service.  New ideas, like the Sansa Knowledge Base, and changes in the website operation, are examples of these improvements.  If you could see the physical side of the task, there are lots of folks breaking a sweat to make it all happen.

I get lost just finding my way back from lunch, so I have to give them credit where it’s due.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Well I called India again the other day and was told to wait some more. But the real kicker was that the service tech stated he would call me back in 15 minutes with an update; he specifically requested that I be available. So over an hour later I call back, since he had not done so, and his co-worker tells me that the original tech is still waiting for an update and that he will call when he has some news. So about 2+ hours later the first tech calls back, some 3+ hours later than his promised 15 minutes, and tells me he needs me to verify my receipt info that was FAXed  to SanDisk back in June before they issued the RMA. He then tells me to wait a few more days and check back again for an update.

So, this is the better service we can look forward to? I’m thinking that I might now understand why all the business is moving to India. It seems time is measured different there; 15 minutes means three hours, 7-10 days means 5-6 weeks ( I hope not longer), and RMA means Real Messed up Assistance. So if they pay by the hour it is a lot cheaper.

And to top it all off, I get another cookie cutter email from the tech department stating how they were happy to help resolve my RMA status inquiry; and to call back within 7 days to keep it active. This is the absolute poorest service I have ever experienced from a company like SanDisk. I will be filing complaints with the FTC and my State’s Attorney General’s office if this drags on another week; and I encourage everyone having these problems to do the same.  The warranty is part of the product that I purchased; it has been paid for and my FUZE is being unreasonably delayed, deigning me the use of my personal property.  SanDisk needs to replace my FUZE in a timely manner or refund my purchase price. This wait, wait , wait because we are screwing up and made bad business decisions at your expense is unacceptable.

My sentiments exactly!  I’ve been told now that it will the 13th when my replacement is available. 

“…I might now understand why all the business is moving to India. It seems time is measured different there; 15 minutes means three hours…”

VERY funny!  And probably true!

Anyway, I have had very, very frustrating service with Sansa in the past.  Not the same issue but the same sort of runaround.  Like everyone is told to reply to every problem with the same sort of non-helpful emails.  It appeard to me, back two years ago, that the company was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  the communications and knowledge of what they were doing was so poor that it was very easy to imagine that they were on the verge of collapes or bankrupcy.  It was infuriating and made me resolve to never deal with Sansa directly again. You expect maybe some level of disaray with ebay vendors like Jimbo’s On-line Gadget company.  but somehow expect more from a major player lake Sansa.  I should put on a $1000 suit and show up at their corporate office and tell them how to fix their problems.  I’d only charge maybe $3.5 mil a year.  Plus bonuses, stock options, pension, and golden parachute of course.

Hot dang, I finally got mine today!  'Bout time! 

Well, its now over a month and a half and not a word beyond …please call back in a few days. I even tried email last week, but I got no response at all; they just ignored it.

I have to wonder if my FUZE has been stolen by SanDisk. They must be in serious trouble as a company. Their tech support has absolutely zero information and other posts claim that stores are short or out of SanDisk products. Poorly managed companies are dropping like flies. They could always change their name to: SanSupport !

I really like and miss my FUZE, but I did not buy it expecting this kind of delay and period of player loss. I really hope this saga helps others to seriously consider their player options before purchasing the Sansa products. I have had only one other electronic RMA, Kingston, and the whole process, my call, pick up, and back again was two weeks; nothing like this seven weeks and counting.

I will be filing an FTC consumer complaint online this weekend concerning this delay and the loss of use of my FUZE that has resulted. I am going to have to look into doing the same for my State’s Attorney General and the State where SanDisk operates. Someone suggested that I simply purchase a new one and then return it when, and if, I get my warranty unit from SanDisk, but I do not think that is appropriate unless officially authorized.

I am glad that some of you have actually gotten positive news; my fingers are crossed- I just hope they don’t grow together while I wait.

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise !

Completely unexpected, but highly appreciated, I found my replacement FUZE on my doorstep today. It is charging as I type this. I am looking forward to many hours of trouble free enjoyment.

I guess they read my email since it was sent out the twelfth by two day UPS; delivered today, Friday. I am hopeful that a six week warranty turn around is unacceptable for SanDisk and that my case was the exception and not the rule.

In any case, I have my FUZE. It would have been nice if tech support had kept their promise concerning an alert email, but maybe I will get that next week? With that out sourcing time warp happening, are they really saving enough money to destroy their reputation?

Good luck to all those still waiting, I know your frustration.

Ever notice how ‘jeckell & hyde’ people are? They’re all full of venom and threats and derogatory comments when things beyond their control and not exactly to their liking . . .

@djb wrote:

Well I called India again the other day and was told to wait some more. . . He then tells me to wait a few more days and check back again for an update.

So, this is the better service we can look forward to? I’m thinking that I might now understand why all the business is moving to India. . .

. . .This is the absolute poorest service I have ever experienced from a company like SanDisk. I will be filing complaints with the FTC and my State’s Attorney General’s office if this drags on another week; and I encourage everyone having these problems to do the same.  The warranty is part of the product that I purchased; it has been paid for and my FUZE is being unreasonably delayed, deigning me the use of my personal property.  SanDisk needs to replace my FUZE in a timely manner or refund my purchase price. This wait, wait , wait because we are screwing up and made bad business decisions at your expense is unacceptable.

But when they finally get what they have been throwing their tantrum over. . .

@djb wrote:

Completely unexpected, but highly appreciated, I found my replacement FUZE on my doorstep today. It is charging as I type this. I am looking forward to many hours of trouble free enjoyment.

Now they’re ready to hug everyone, sing “Kumbaya” and buy the world a Coke. :smileyvery-happy:

I am _ not _ intentionally singling  djb out . . .

• FACT #1: There are several threads like this of late.
  • FACT #2: Sandisk announced they were experiencing delays in warranty replacments due to customer support system upgrades.
  • FACT #3: Everyone affected did recieve their replacement player as promised (even the one in India).

Maybe we all need to step back, take a breath and trust that things will turn out all right. There are many, many more serious problems in this world to get all worked up over. An under $100 portable music player is not one of them. :wink:

Ever notice how ‘Jekyll & Hyde’ people are? They’re all full of venom and threats and derogatory comments when things beyond their control and not exactly to their liking . . .

@djb wrote:

Well I called India again the other day and was told to wait some more. . . He then tells me to wait a few more days and check back again for an update.

So, this is the better service we can look forward to? I’m thinking that I might now understand why all the business is moving to India. . .

. . .This is the absolute poorest service I have ever experienced from a company like SanDisk. I will be filing complaints with the FTC and my State’s Attorney General’s office if this drags on another week; and I encourage everyone having these problems to do the same.  The warranty is part of the product that I purchased; it has been paid for and my FUZE is being unreasonably delayed, deigning me the use of my personal property.  SanDisk needs to replace my FUZE in a timely manner or refund my purchase price. This wait, wait , wait because we are screwing up and made bad business decisions at your expense is unacceptable.

@djb wrote:

Now they’re ready to hug everyone, sing “Kumbaya” and buy the world a Coke. :smileyvery-happy:

• FACT #2: Sandisk announced they were experiencing delays in shipping warranty replacements due to customer support system upgrades.
  • FACT #3: Everyone affected did receive their replacement player as promised (even the one in India).

Maybe we all need to step back, take a breath and trust that things will turn out all right. There are many, many more serious problems in this world to get all worked up over. An under $100 portable music player is not one of them. :wink:

Ever notice how ‘Jekyll & Hyde’ people are? They’re all full of venom and threats and derogatory comments when things beyond their control and not exactly to their liking . . .

@djb wrote:

@djb wrote:

• FACT #2: Sandisk announced they were experiencing delays in shipping warranty replacements due to customer support system upgrades.
  • FACT #3: Everyone affected did receive their replacement player as promised (even the one in India).

@tapeworm wrote:

@djb wrote:

@djb wrote:

Yes, there are too many other things to get worked up over besides a $100.00 MP3 player, but the fact remains that this was an example of customer service that left something to be desired regardless of “customer support upgrades”.  If you can’t fulfill your promise to deliver something in “7-10 business days”, then you shouldn’t tell the customer that. 

Thank you Tapeworm for pointing out how important it is to be blunt and clear when posting here. It always amazes me how people post based on selective reading and believe themselves omnipotent.  Some self appointed individuals even feel it is their job and duty to police public forums, often spouting personal opinion based on their selective reading and posting as fact on help forums. How’s my spelling?

Just for the record, I have always liked my Fuze:

“I really like and miss my FUZE, but I did not buy it expecting this kind of delay and period of player loss. I really hope this saga helps others to seriously consider their player options before purchasing the Sansa products. I have had only one other electronic RMA, Kingston, and the whole process, my call, pick up, and back again was two weeks; nothing like this seven weeks and counting.”

My post was intended as a caution to those considering their options and to develop a sense of camaraderie among those of us experiencing the same frustrations. With over a six week wait I can honestly say I was not sure I would get my Fuze back from Sansa; therefore, the reason for my Gomer Pyle inspired: “Surprise, Surprise, Surprise !”  And when I did get my replacement I felt it was important to alert any others still waiting that they should maintain hope.

And for the record, I think Sansa has the absolute worst tech support I have worked with. Whether that is because some “big change” or just typical, I really don’t care- It is bad. And Sansa posting a simple -Opps were slow and sorry- post on some obscure board while their tech department is telling a different story, directly, over the phone is a prime example of bad service.

It is people with inside and/or intimate knowledge that berate those on the outside or who are less informed who should truly examine their motives and actions.

Tapeworm wrote:

“Ever notice how ‘Jekyll & Hyde’ people are? They’re all full of venom and    threats and derogatory comments when things beyond their control and not exactly to their liking . . .”

Revelation there, huh. Let’s see; Problem followed by delay, lies, confusion, and potential loss of goods that is finally resolved, leads to less angry person. Duh!  Oh, and those were not threats, that was my plan of action; and the shared knowledge of it apparently succeeded it getting me my Fuze; mailed the day after my email to SanDisk, coincidence, maybe. But again a public service of potential steps for all those others with the same or similar problem.

Tapeworm wrote:

djb wrote:

Now they’re ready to hug everyone, sing “Kumbaya” and buy the world a Coke. ![:smileyvery-happy:](file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DB/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif “Smiley Very Happy”)

Nice selective snip, but if a reader just looks above your post at the original comment they can easily see the tactless misrepresentation used to make your irrelevant point. The rest:

djb wrote:

I guess they read my email since it was sent out the twelfth by two day UPS; delivered today, Friday. I am hopeful that a six week warranty turn around is unacceptable for SanDisk and that my case was the exception and not the rule.

In any case, I have my FUZE. It would have been nice if tech support had kept their promise concerning an alert email, but maybe I will get that next week? With that out sourcing time warp happening, are they really saving enough money to destroy their reputation?

If this is “ready to hug everyone, sing “Kumbaya” and buy the world a Coke.” then your world is a sad place and you are, well just sad too.

Please understand I am not intentionally singling  tapeworm out with these comments. Sorry if it seems directed tapeworm, your comments were just convenient for illustration. They are instead simply intended for those who feel the need to patrol and police others interactions and then make public comments on them. Look if you don’t like someone’s comments here then don’t read or post on them; simple, and I imagine others would appreciate this self restraint courtesy as well. This is a help forum, not a social chit chat opinion guided place, so lets keep the posts helpful and informative and try to keep our unrelated opinions to ourselves.