Fuze not recognized by my computer

Help!  I have tried updating Media Player, changing the USB setting to all possible options and it still won’t recognize it.  I have Windows XP.

@janda wrote:

Help!  I have tried updating Media Player, changing the USB setting to all possible options and it still won’t recognize it.  I have Windows XP.

Well. What service pack do you have? What USB mode are you in right now? 

I reset it to Auto Detect because the other two didn’t work.  I think service Pack 2 but how would I verify that?

@janda wrote:

I reset it to Auto Detect because the other two didn’t work.  I think service Pack 2 but how would I verify that?

Go to my computer, make sure nothing is selected, and then right click and go down to properties. It will say there.

it is service pack 2

@janda wrote:
it is service pack 2

None of the modes worked? Did you look in your my computer screen everytime you pluged in? Try switching again but check my computer, everytime.

I tried each time and it doesn’t show up.  I get a pop up that says USB not recognized. 

At this point all I can figure is that your USB Drivers are out of date. If you plug in a Flash Drive, does it work? If you go to the Device manager, find the USB ports in the device manager, and then try to upgrade them, also Make sure you update windows. XP is actually up to Service pack 3 now. I dont know that these will solve your problems, but it cant hurt.