Fuze Isn't Recognized-Tried FAQ Soln's To No Avail

Hi!

I am using Windows XP SP3 and a Fuze with frimware  02.02.26A and Windows media player 11.0.5721.5268.

I plugged in my fuzem expecting it to be recognized in MSC mode by my computer. However, it wasn’t. Thus, I followed the advice of the FAQ, looked up linked info on Sansa answers. I changed the mode to MTP and even auto and still got the same dialouge. I changed USB ports. Hoping that this was a computer specific issue, I went to my roomate’s machines (simialar Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7) and got the same message-twice. The funny thing is, is that it worked earlier in the day, same computer, same cable.

I’ve read and scoured the forum for a few days searching for a possible answer, but I come up empty handed. Because the faq states “If it doesn’t then you may have a faulty Fuze” most likely indicates that I have one that is INOP, it most likely is. However, I am wondering if there is any fixes, or if I need a replacement fuze.

Thank your for your assistance and have a nice day :D.

Start with the Fuze turned off.  Open a Windows Explorer window (My Computer) on the PC.  Plug in your Fuze.  Does the device light up?  This verifies that there’s a power connection to the device (two out of four pins so far).  Then observe the Fuze’s display.  Does it dim slightly, then brighten, followed by a “connected” message?

If the device simply powers up, try using the Fuze’s controls.  If they operate, it looks like we may have a bad cable or data connection.

Next, look at the open window on your PC.  Does the Fuze appear under “devices with removable storage” (MSC) or “other” (MTP) ?

microsansa

“Open a Windows Explorer window (My Computer) on the PC.  Plug in your Fuze.  Does the device light up?  This verifies that there’s a power connection to the device (two out of four pins so far).  Then observe the Fuze’s display.  Does it dim slightly, then brighten, followed by a “connected” message?”

Yes

“Next, look at the open window on your PC.  Does the Fuze appear under “devices with removable storage” (MSC) or “other” (MTP) ?”

So far no.

“If the device simply powers up, try using the Fuze’s controls.  If they operate, it looks like we may have a bad cable or data connection.”

The device powers up, connects but does nothing else. I could be a bad cord. I 'll check that out. If not, it is that I am most likely boned?

Edit:

I went to Best Buy and tried my fuze with a new wire on a new compiuter. It charged a bit, however the three computers I connected it to (1 Dell with Win 7, One Toshiba with Win 7 and a Netbook with XP) didn’t recognize it. 

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Message Edited by CL6002C10 on 05-18-2010 01:48 PM