New 8gb Fuze not recognized by Windows

My new 8GB is totally not recognized on two different Windows computers.

I’ve tried the various USB settings (multiple times for each)

Tried different USB sockets

Held down the off button for 20+ seconds

Tried different ways of plugging it in (USB first then Fuze, vice versa etc)

Looked at the Windows Device Manager and tried some hardware recognition options

Absolutely no indication from Windows that anything at all is connected.

Any other ideas.

By the way, I also sent a message to Sandisk support and received the world’s worst auto-response message :

We ask you to visit our website at #URL# and register for your own eBox account.

#URL#???

@leeh wrote:

My new 8GB is totally not recognized on two different Windows computers.

I’ve tried the various USB settings (multiple times for each)

Tried different USB sockets

Held down the off button for 20+ seconds

Tried different ways of plugging it in (USB first then Fuze, vice versa etc)

Looked at the Windows Device Manager and tried some hardware recognition options

Absolutely no indication from Windows that anything at all is connected.

Any other ideas.

By the way, I also sent a message to Sandisk support and received the world’s worst auto-response message :

We ask you to visit our website at #URL# and register for your own eBox account.

#URL#???

We cant help without more information. What version of windows? What Service Pack? What Version of Windows Media PLayer? Did you make sure windows was up to date? Did you make sure your USB drivers are up to date?

Windows XP SP3 (on both computers)

The USB drivers should be fine. I have lots of gadgets, external hard drives, phones etc and never had the slightest problem with something being recognized.

Windows Media Player is 10

Never mind. I took it back to the store and got a replacement which Windows recognized instantly.

The first one was defective.

hell iv gone through 3…soon to be 4 of these things now. same exact symptoms and 45 mintues + of tech support calls for the last few. my Fuze’s last about 4 months then decide just not to work. i love the player itself but geeze.

Maybe you’re unlucky. I’ve had mine for a year-plus, dropped it a few times, etc., with no recognition problems at all. What’s your operating system?

my laptop is running vista premium sp1, but like i said, iv treted this latest one like gold, got a protective case i dont subject it to heat or cold and its had no issues till it did what all the rest before it has done. its not even in the fabled device manager. the last 2 times iv called sansa they wanted me to return it through them but its faster just to replace it through the store. im actually planning on doing so later today.