Sanza Fuze 8GB (code 43) windows 7

Windows 7 no longer recognizes my 8gb Fuze V.02.03.33A… this is new since I have been using it on this same comp for the last year

Tried reboot, all version of USB mode, reset to factory(useless since its personal settings), all available USB ports(hub and direct), and Format… I even tried this thing that was posted about forcing a USB mode start by resetting, holding the << button and plugging in

I can’t even reinstall the firmware b/c its not recognized by the comp… idk what to do… next step is plugging into one of my friends computers…

:neutral_face: though (huh here’s a good chance to try the rockbox but again, not recognized…

any ideas would be great…

For the moment, stay in MSC and directly connected–not the hub.

Take a look at Solution 6 on this SanDisk page.

Don’t know if it’s applicable to Windows 7, but…

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42/session/L3NpZC8qc2g3eHFQag%3D%3D/sno/0

attempted recomened actions…

no joy…

the player still works, still charges, music on the microSD card still works just fine (im sure the regular music works too but since the reformat, there isn’t any)

“If you receive the error " USB Device Not Recognized” on the computer, the player is most likely failed. Additional troubleshooting is unlikely to correct the problem."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

is from solution 2 in the link provided… I guess im in the market for a new player… Fuze+ it is…

If the player is less than a year old and you’re in the U.S.  (2 in Europe), contact Sandisk Tech Support for a warranty replacement.

http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

1-866-726-3475 in the U.S.

it is WAY past the warranty… I registered here when I got the thing…

<<<<<<<< HAHA

so on newegg the fuze 4gb is more expensive than the Fuze+ 4gb… on Amazon its the same exact price for the same ones HAHA… WTH? Then on Amazon the 8gb versions there is a HUGE swing in price difference between + and regular, + costing less…

Have you tried forcing the MSC connection? The procedure you described above does not have the unit powered off.

Power OFF, power switch clicked down into Hold. Connect USB to computer. Open Windows Explorer. Hold down << and connect cord to Fuze.

Try using it on a different computer in MSC mode just to be sure.