Fuze doesn't turn on

I’ve just received my new Sansa Fuze - I’m pretty sure it’s DOA, and just wanted to check before I send it back. It doesn’t turn on, and nothing lights up when I plug it in to charge (although it is recognized by the computer). I’ve tried soft-resetting and using a different computer or an AC adapter. Nothing happens. I really just wanted to know if anything’s meant to happen - like the scroll wheel lighting up or screen coming on - when I plug it in. As I said, at this point I think it’s a faulty model and I’m going to have to send it back.

Thanks.

That’s funny.  My Fuse 8GB doesn’t turn off.  I don’t know why.  I sent a message to sansa, and I hope they answer my question. 

@wakala wrote:
That’s funny.  My Fuse 8GB doesn’t turn off.  I don’t know why.  I sent a message to sansa, and I hope they answer my question. 

Fist off Slide the power switch up and hold it for up to 30 seconds. See if it turns off. If not answer this is the fuze froze or is it playing? If its froze what were you doing when it froze?

@nevermore wrote:

I’ve just received my new Sansa Fuze - I’m pretty sure it’s DOA, and just wanted to check before I send it back. It doesn’t turn on, and nothing lights up when I plug it in to charge (although it is recognized by the computer). I’ve tried soft-resetting and using a different computer or an AC adapter. Nothing happens. I really just wanted to know if anything’s meant to happen - like the scroll wheel lighting up or screen coming on - when I plug it in. As I said, at this point I think it’s a faulty model and I’m going to have to send it back.

Thanks.

If the PC recognizes it and it still wont show anything your fuze may not detect your computer, but the lack of response to AC chargers is what worrys me. Plug the cord into a USB Port on the back of your PC With the fuze in hold (Slide the power switch down so you can see the orange dot) then press and hold the center button and plug the fuze in. Do you get a reaction?

No, nothing. I guess that confirms my suspicion that it’s a faulty one. I’ll send it back.