Firmware Uprade Recommendation

Have the following Clips with these firmware versions:

1 GB  V 02.10.09A

2 GB  V 02.01.16A

8 GB  V 02.01.13A

I have no problems or issues with these sofar. The 1 GB does show 92% power after sits idle, paused, off, and on hold for a few days after reading 100% at shutdown. The other two still show 100%. Unsure whether to call this a battery issue.

I have always heard that you dont do firmware upgrade unless some issue exists because it may mess things up that were OK to start with.

And I see many problems posted on this board and forums for other equipment and devices when upgrading firmware was done when no problem exists. And even if problem did exist.

But I see these firmwares are all different.

Is it recommended to upgrade firmware just so it will have a higher number and all be the same and “up to date”, or should well enough be let alone? Dont fix what isn’t broken?

@bbrev7 wrote:

Have the following Clips with these firmware versions:

Is it recommended to upgrade firmware just so it will have a higher number and all be the same and “up to date”, or should well enough be let alone? Dont fix what isn’t broken?

If its not broke, don’t fix it :)  KISS principal   LOL 

It’s your call.   I bet half the Sansa Clip users that have gotten a CLIP as a present or bought one themselves, have never looked into upgrading the firmware.   Ignorance is bliss.    There are bug fixes and new features in some of the firmware releases that are worth upgrading to some people but not everyone.

With each Firmware release there is a short list of all the things that have been fixed , as well as known issues with the firmware.    Read them in the firmware thread at the top of the forum.

Note:  KISS principal  -  Keep It Simple Sansa  >X  

Message Edited by niko_sama on 02-21-2009 10:07 PM

Each firmware version offers enhancements (some bigger, some lesser) over the last, a good reason to upgrade, it seems to me.