firmware updater problem

I’m having trouble installing the firmware updater on my computer. it downloads but it wont install. The error message says I have no internet connection but I am connected and have been web browsing. My os is Windows Vista SP1 and i have firmware version 1.01.11A.

1. Check if you have a V1 or V2 Fuze (Settings -> System settings -> Info)
  2. Download the latest firmware update for your version from this page.
  3. Unzip the file.
  4. Change the Fuze to MSC mode (Settings -> System settings -> USB Mode)
  5. Connect the Fuze to the PC
  6. Copy the BIN file to the Fuze.
  7. Unplug the Fuze, the update process should begin.

I had a problem with the updater on one computer - it would download, but installing it said it failed abd suggested trying again later.  It didn’t complain about my internet connection,  OS is Windows XP.  That was in the morning, it still didn’t work in the afternoon.  I tried my wife’s laptop, downloaded and installed just find, and running the updated successfully updated the firmware.  I have no idea why the updater wouldn’t install on the first computer.

@ricwerme wrote:

I had a problem with the updater on one computer - it would download, but installing it said it failed abd suggested trying again later.  It didn’t complain about my internet connection,  OS is Windows XP.  That was in the morning, it still didn’t work in the afternoon.  I tried my wife’s laptop, downloaded and installed just find, and running the updated successfully updated the firmware.  I have no idea why the updater wouldn’t install on the first computer.

I would not suggest using the updater as it is rather bothersome. Just follow the steps already in this thread or on the firmwire update thread to do a manual upgrade.