Don't use Sandisk Firmware Updater to do firmware updating.

Firmware Updater does not work on my machine, vista home no matter how i try it.

If you are serious considering updating your Sansa Firmware, do it manually by following instructions:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=9473

To me, Since Firmware Updater from Sansa does not work on my machine, i consider that updating firmware is a dangerous process and only do it if there is absolute need.

Kinda scaremongering there! MY fuze 4GB did it perfectly in no time at all, at the first time of asking. Maybe I’ve just been lucky but I’ve had none of the problems…yet!

Same here. Never had any issues with the updater with the fuze or view when updating on xp or vista.

Possibly this is a compatability with your set up including firewall and/or security set up. I only use AVG inc full Pro version.

The latest version with the jazzy new logo installed perfectly on 2 machines.

S

I am running Vista Ultimate with Zone Alarm ISS and never had a problem

No problems for me, Vista and XPSP3, Fuze, Clip, Express.  It does require a good internet connection, and that all firewalls be set to allow it through.

IMHO, firmware updating on anything involves a certain amount of risk, but the Firmware Updater is no more dangerous than the manual method.

@kevin02454 wrote:

Firmware Updater does not work on my machine, vista home no matter how i try it.

If you are serious considering updating your Sansa Firmware, do it manually by following instructions:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=9473

To me, Since Firmware Updater from Sansa does not work on my machine, i consider that updating firmware is a dangerous process and only do it if there is absolute need.

Many have shared your sentiment.  The updater worked for me once with one fuze; but when I got my second fuze for Christmas, the updater just showed various error messages.  Since manual updating is so easy and painless, I have no plans on using the updater for future firmware releases.

I agree. I first tried the updater, but it’s no good. Manual install is the way to go!