firmware update went wrong -> display freezed

Hey, i own a Sansa Clip+ 8 GB and it worked fine for 2 months, then suddenly it wasn’t able to start. Only the “Sandisk”-writing and the Sandisk-logo appeared on the display, after that it turned off. Connecting the Clip to the computer didn’t help, Windows wasn’t able to find it.

So I called the Support, and the lady told me to hold the Home-Button while connecting with an USB-port. Worked fine, the Clip was connected, so the support-lady told me to do an firmware-upgrade via drag’n’drop.

While transfering the files on the Clip, Windows told me the files were corrupted or damaged, and then the whole computer freezed. 

And now there are only the last two letters of the “Sandisk”-writing visible, none of the buttons work and connecting to Windows isn’t possible.

Anyone got an idea what to do? Otherwise I’m going to send it back …

Thanks

Download a fresh copy of the firmware .zip file and extract it. Connect again as you were instructed by Tech Support and re-install the firmware.

HI I AM IN THE BAHAMAS AND I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM THE SANSA JUST STOPPED PLAYING WHILE I WAS JOGGING AND JUST WON’T START. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. THANKS MUCH

tanrose1 wrote:
HI I AM IN THE BAHAMAS AND I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM THE SANSA JUST STOPPED PLAYING WHILE I WAS JOGGING AND JUST WON’T START. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. THANKS MUCH

Not if you don’t turn your CAPS LOCK off. :wink:

tanrose1 wrote:

Are you having the exact same problem as the first poster above, with a firmware upgrade malfunction issue?  If not (which it doesn’t sound like, from your description), you have a different issue–please start your own thread in that case …  (And as part of that, did you try a simple reset of your Clip+?)

Tapeworm wrote:
Download a fresh copy of the firmware .zip file and extract it. Connect again as you were instructed by Tech Support and re-install the firmware.

And if that doesn’t work, I would telephone SanDisk Customer Service again, and talk through the issue that resulted from your following their directions.