Few issues with my fuze... all help appreciated =)

Hello!

I have my fuze for like 2 months now and have had and am having a few issues which I don’t know if they are connected, some won’t bother me but others do…

My OS is Windows 7 professional, I recently updated the firmware in the fuze to the latest it shows…

First when I connect it the battery info in the page that opens everytime I connect it to my laptop it shows as “critically low 0%” which does not really bother me that it does not recognize it since the fuze itself does charge correctly and I have no battery issues, just that when connecting in the pc displays 0% just one time of all has shown the correct amount but that was just 1 time.

A month ago or so I put like 50 songs, 2 videos and 4 photos in it, I was able to listen to a few songs and they all showed, after a couple of times of use all of the songs but 4 disappeared in the settings > Info  just showed 4 and when I went to check indeed it only had 4 left… but the photos and videos were ok.
THEN, I deleted the songs and 1 video, 1 kept one video and like 5 days ago I tried to delete it and in the PC browsing part when you connect it it showed it was gone but in the player it kept showing it in the list although the content was empty… I tried several times to delete it with no luck finally I had to format it.

Now I am having problems with sync… I selected around 300 songs and let the sync work… it said it was writing blahblahblah then completed and when I disconnected the fuze, and the media refreshed I went to check the songs and NONE were there… I was very disappointed and was about to give up when I decided to use drag and drop of the files… that did work like a charm… But the Videos won’t sync and using Sansa media converter it says its converting the video, says I’m done then I disconnect and go check and nothing… and in the past the first time I added the 2 videos it did work.

What I had to do last time and also doing this is passing converting the video first using another converter and then passing it through SMC because doing it since the beginning with SMC wont get recognized.

Thanks for reading my wall of text :slight_smile: and all the help and tips will be really apreciated!!!  Now as I said, I don’t know if all the problems are connected or just have bad luck :P 

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:27 PM

Thank You TomJensen, I will use the MSC to put my music from now on, and no I don’t have any music subscription.

I did try Video4fuze and another converter and right now have ImToo 3GP…     have some issues ith V4F but I read that other users of W7 were having smimilar issues with that program.

Still is not wanting to put any videos.

Musiek wrote:

I did try Video4fuze and another converter and right now have ImToo 3GP…     have some issues ith V4F but I read that other users of W7 were having smimilar issues with that program.

Still is not wanting to put any videos.

Isn’t it suggested to run the video4fuze in XP compatibilty mode?

I tried a few things with the converter as well as other converters but the problem ended up being with the fuze and/or SMC when I passed the videos to my player.

Sansa Media Converter, video4Fuze or Rhapsody have the precise settings for the Fuze. Don’t use ImToo or anything else, unless it’s simply to convert your video to an .avi file. The .avi has to go through SMC, video4Fuze or Rhapsody.

It’s not a 3GP video. That’s for your phone.