fuze not working

does anybody know why every time I plug my fuze my videos dissapear??

@mptres wrote:
does anybody know why every time I plug my fuze my videos dissapear??

Plugging in,  or unplugging?   If you unplug and the video dissapears,  you MAY have a faulty battery lead, and will need to get it fixed or exchanged.   If its disssapears when you plug it in,  I’m not sure.   maybe the usb port doesn’t supply it enough current,  try the back ports.   Or possibly the ports aren’t supplying the charge voltage, maybe the usb drivers need to be reinstalled.

tell me if that means every time you unplug,   or  plug in your fuze to the computer?

well is kind of weird see I load videos and plays them good but after disconnecting from charging there is no videos but the weird part is that the memory still used!!!

@mptres wrote:

well is kind of weird see I load videos and plays them good but after disconnecting from charging there is no videos but the weird part is that the memory still used!!!

when you unplug the Fuze, you get no video?   no display?.       Do you get music with your earphones?   or does the Fuze seem dead?

no, I just can’t acces the videos to watch

It sounds as though they are there; they’re just not showing up in the Videos menu. Are you putting them into the Video folder when transferring them to the player? Normally, one would be using SMC to do this, and that’s where it would put them.

I’m confused by your statement, “I load videos and plays them good but after disconnecting from charging there is no videos” though. The player cannot play the videos while it’s connected to the computer because it’s hooked up via a data connection. So, how are you viewing them so you know they play good?

did you convert the video with SMC?  this converts the video from the PC to the Fuze in a special format.    Sansas Media Convert is a program that does this and you can download from the sansa support web page.

yes I am putting them in the video folder , see we own  three fuzes this is the newest one and the only one that has problems I already contacted sansa support  but I haven’t hear from them and at the retailer they don’t know what to do this is very frustating

@mptres wrote:
yes I am putting them in the video folder , see we own  three fuzes this is the newest one and the only one that has problems I already contacted sansa support  but I haven’t hear from them and at the retailer they don’t know what to do this is very frustating

If it works in two other fuze’s and not this one,    Exchange it with the retailer.

check your firmware,     upgrade to latest.    also do a format,  reset options.  and try copying the video to the video folder again.

that’s another problem, some how there is  a shortage of sansa MP3 players in my area and Im going to have to wait for a while but thank you for your tips!

Try making sure you have the lastest firmware.   but more importantly format it,.   maybe the database is not working correctly.    when you add the video, did the Fuze say it was updating the database when you unplugged it?

Just curious …   Try formating, and reloading the video.    and make sure the firmware is the latest.

thanks I already try formating and the fuze is only 2 weeks old so should be the latest!

goto   Settings >  System Info >    look in there for the firmware version.       We can check to see if it is.     It could be old,  even though you just purchased it .  

the version is v02.01.09

@mptres wrote:
the version is v02.01.09

Sansa Fuze Firmware 02.01.17 download and installation instructions

Goto the firmware post at the top, and download the lastest and follow the instructions to install.  If you need help just ask.

OK

ok Niko I just updated the firmware to v02.01.17 and even load a video to the fuze and guess what? It happened again! I check every folder and doesn,t show where the video is1 see after i loaded unplug the fuze video its there I watched then pluged again unpluged and no video!!! but the memory still used!!! there’s one more thing I didn’t mention before. you know the icon that comes up when your fuze its plug in? looks like the fuze right? well in this particular one, the icon looks like an old sansa MP3 player(music player) 

The Icon maybe dependant on the mode your usb is connected.    MSC vs MTP mode.      goto  >   System info > usb mode > Auto (select)

reformat.

make sure you are copying the version of the file that has been processed by smc.   Not the original file before conversion.   Copy the video from one of the working fuses.   to a new folder on your computer.   then copy that file to your New Fuze.    Just makes sure , your not copying the original file.

I am not sure at this point what else to try.      try that again…     it must work if its working on your other fuzes.    try the USB mod setting, then reformat.   Copy from a known good copy of the converted fuze video,   and test.       Report back.     I’m hopeing it works for you :slight_smile:

Message Edited by niko_sama on 02-06-2009 12:41 AM

Message Edited by niko_sama on 02-06-2009 12:42 AM

Also make sure your not copying a short cut…  but the actual video file.  (just in case this could happen)