External Charger for Clip

Does anyone know if the charger for the Motorola RAZR cell phone is compatable with the Clip? it has the same connector.

Not sure.  The USB standard describes a handshaking protocol that a USB client (ie, the Clip) must engage in to draw more than 100 mA.  The Clip may not kick into charging mode until it gets the go-ahead from the host (usually the PC; in this case, your charger).  If so, and your charger doesn’t send this signal, the Clip won’t charge.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 11-18-2007 09:29 AM

World At Large:           I PROMISE NOTHING< MOVE AT YOUR OWN RISK .    Having said that, as a caveate, I have used the wall charger for a Zen Stone, successfully on my Zen Stone, Stone Plus (obviously), my Klegg Mini, my Uxcell Picollo, and TADA my Sansa Clip.   The wall charger loads it quicker than my PC.   So think about it.   as Clint Eastwood once   How lucky do you feel today?    Hopefully I’ll get my clip to accept and play music thanks to PromisedPlanet.   Thank you for the forum for idiots like me who can’t figure things out on their own.   As I recall the Creative Charger was about $30.00 but with 2stones and 2 stone pluses et alia,  in the house it was money well spent.   JIm

Everyone:

Double checked this today by charging clip wit Zen Stone unit for 3 hours. It worked like a champ.

all you have to do is make sure it is +5 V.  more or less can be bad for the clip.  current doesn’t matter - it may just charge a little slower.

i remember my blackberry charger caused my meizu to have scrolling issues while charging and screen flickering.  it was 5.5 v i believe.  same connector.  stats are on the plug.

Dont use it!!  If it fries your player, even though to connection is a 5 pin, it will void your warrenty.

Get the wall charger from the sandisk accsessory store.  U use the same cable that U plug your device into the PC with and the cable plugs into the charger. And that wont void your warrenty

It uses the standard USB port. So it should work.

FYI I am using the Chargers for Motorolar Razr as well as Sprint Q.  These will work fine for the Clip.

I just finished charging the “Clip” with the RAZR charger and, as you said, it worked just fine!

A question about the battery charge icon on the Sansa Clip: After charging for about 1 1/2 hours the battery icon still shows about half full. Is that normal? I’m used to seeing the battery-charge icon show full on my other mp3 device (a Creative Zen Micro).

Thanks for any info,

Dave

indigo_dave wrote:

A question about the battery charge icon on the Sansa Clip: After charging for about 1 1/2 hours the battery icon still shows about half full. Is that normal? I’m used to seeing the battery-charge icon show full on my other mp3 device (a Creative Zen Micro).

Thanks for any info,

Dave

if it is fully charged the battery icon should show a full bar. what firmware do you have? try depleteing the battery completely then charge it comlpletely.  

My Motorola Razr V3 5 volt 550ma works fine with my 2gb Clip.

yes, i also have a motorola razr and the charger works great w/the clip, the power output of the said charger is 5v 500milliamperes so its ok. you can also play the song or listen to fm while it is charging unlike when you use a computer.

you can also play the song or listen to fm while it is charging unlike when you use a computer.

You can still play songs through the computer speakers whilst charging when plugged into the computer

Message Edited by golden on 03-02-2008 05:55 PM