Charging with Moto RAZR charger

Hi there,

I just bought my new clip 2GB few days ago. I have done one full charge and discharge cycle. The first time I charged it out of the box it took me 4 hours to fully charge it on my PC. I also updated to the latest firmware.

Now I am trying to charge it with my old Moto RAZR charger (5.0V 550mA) but the power indicator in system info is showing weird numbers. I started charging at 0% and after an hour it showed me 57%. An hour and a half, and it was still 57%. I unplugged the clip and checked the power and it shows 42%. Right now its charging, that is the charging animation is on. Is this normal?

Also how much time does it take to charge the clip on the RAZR charger?? Isnt it safe to charge this way? 

@plasma wrote:

Hi there,

I just bought my new clip 2GB few days ago. I have done one full charge and discharge cycle. The first time I charged it out of the box it took me 4 hours to fully charge it on my PC. I also updated to the latest firmware.

Now I am trying to charge it with my old Moto RAZR charger (5.0V 550mA) but the power indicator in system info is showing weird numbers. I started charging at 0% and after an hour it showed me 57%. An hour and a half, and it was still 57%. I unplugged the clip and checked the power and it shows 42%. Right now its charging, that is the charging animation is on. Is this normal?

Also how much time does it take to charge the clip on the RAZR charger?? Isnt it safe to charge this way? 

I have a Motorola charger just like it that I use with my Clips, and it works fine. I can’t say how long it takes to fully charge, but the reading will not be accurate while plugged in…unplug it to find out where you really stand. Don’t do any more full discharges…not necessary for these devices. As a general rule I like to charge at 70%, but I try to never go below 50% if I can help it. It should charge a little faster with the RAZR charger, because your screen will go to sleep, as opposed to when you connnect to computer and it stays on.

I use one too, with no problems

I use my BlackBerry Pearl charger, and I find it takes me maybe 2 hours to charge with it.

i use the moto charger model DCH3-050US output rating 5.0v @ 550mA. it works flawlesssly. now i am looking for a car charger.