Example playlist

Could anyone provide an example playlist (for, for instance, an artist folder in their clip), and the folder path that the .m3u would be placed in?  

I can create playlist files but can’t get the conventions right for the sansa to recognise the contents (currently it sees them, but lists them as empty). Just having an example should be enough to get things working! 

I don’t know excactly what you’re asking for but see if my info helps:

To get a playlist on the clip, here’s what I did:

1st!  update Windows Media Player to version 11.   I’ve been working on a work computer, had version 9 installed.

Then watch this video http://mp3support.sandisk.com/wmp11/wmp11playlist.wmv

After watching the video, I was able to do what the person was saying but still nothing came up.

After reading more “playlist” post’s, I caught onto people talking about MTP mode vs. MSC mode.

I’ve been tinkering around with these modes all along but now for some reason, my computer is indeed showing the device in 2 different ways when connected to the computer, when before only MTP mode showed the device (via windows explorer)

If the sansa device shows up as a drive letter (via windows explorer) like…Sansa Clip (E), it won’t work.

Disconnect it and set the setting to MTP, now re-connect the device.

Now when I look at it via windows Explorer, I see a cute little device and it says: Sansa Clip 4GB, as opposed to an actualy drive letter. (and the file structure looks completly different then when it’s connected via MSC mode)

AHHHHH… I just looked under the “playlist” folder on the device and sure enough there’s my playlist file and it ends in a .pla extension.

2 cool!!!

I only made 1 playlist with 1 audio tune for testing reasons, it works.

Now I’ll see about making a few more playlist and see how it all comes together.

Unlike some people on these forums, if anyone has questions as to what I did, ask away and I’ll try to help.  :smiley:

Thanks for the help, but actually I was hoping for an example (cut and paste would do) of a playlist file from someone’s clip. That way I can compare it with my own to see where the syntax is slightly different. 

Am I wrong in thinking that I can use .m3u files rather than .pla? I’m using linux, and .m3us are what I can already create easily.

Hi,

it sould look like this:

#EXTM3U  
[relative path to your mp3]/fileneme.mp3  
[relative path to your mp3]/fileneme.mp3

regards

@marbles wrote:

Thanks for the help, but actually I was hoping for an example (cut and paste would do) of a playlist file from someone’s clip. That way I can compare it with my own to see where the syntax is slightly different. 

Am I wrong in thinking that I can use .m3u files rather than .pla? I’m using linux, and .m3us are what I can already create easily.

M3U format playlists will indeed work. Just save the playlist file in the Music folder (that contains your song files). PLA playlists only get stored in the Playlists folder.

Here is a small selection from one of my .m3u playlists (cut & pasted). Hope it helps . . .

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:279,Bob Seger - Roll Me Away
Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band\Greatest Hits\01-Roll Me Away.mp3
#EXTINF:303,Bob Seger - Turn The Page
Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band\Greatest Hits\03-Turn The Page.mp3
#EXTINF:240,Bob Seger - You’ll Accomp’ny Me
Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band\Greatest Hits\04-You’ll Accomp’ny Me.mp3
#EXTINF:302,Bob Seger - Hollywood Nights
Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band\Greatest Hits\05-Hollywood Nights.mp3
#EXTINF:200,Bob Seger - Still The Same
Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band\Greatest Hits\06-Still The Same.mp3
#EXTINF:194,Bob Seger - Old Time Rock & Roll