Error message 0xc00d2779 from Overdrive.

After diligently viewing all posts I could find regarding loading Overdrive audiobooks onto my 8gb Clip ($49 at Walmart, yeah!), I haven’t found anyone that had my experience:

Downloaded 2 books from Overdrive; unable to load in MTP mode.  Get error message 0xc00d2779.  Tried using MSC mode and got error message that, in effect, stated that DRM was not loaded and to go back and do it again. 

Strange thing is that these books work on my old m240, which is fine except that I have to juggle given the 1gb space limitation.  (Hence the $49 expenditure).

I’m stuck.  Any suggestions? 

I’m not sure the solution:  try googling  the error message code:   From M$ I got the following:

NS_E_DRM_LIC_NEEDS_DEVICE_CLOCK_SET 0xC00D2779 The file could not be transferred because the device clock is not set.

I also found this:

I don’t know if this will work, but apparently there’s a way to set the clock on the Sansa.

Start WMP11 then plug the player in MTP mode, go to the WMP sync tab and wait a bit - a popup should come up and offer to set the device’s clock

Message Edited by niko_sama on 02-20-2009 09:46 AM

That may work on the Fuze, which has a clock(although I just set mine in time with my cellphone) , but I’m guessing would do nothing to a Clip, which doesn’t have a clock. :smiley:

Thanks Niko.  I did the same and got the same response.  And tried the same solution too!  But what I don’t get is the pop up that you described.  I get zippo. In any event, thanks much for the try, that’s what these communities are all about!

@nymjk wrote:
Thanks Niko.  I did the same and got the same response.  And tried the same solution too!  But what I don’t get is the pop up that you described.  I get zippo. In any event, thanks much for the try, that’s what these communities are all about!

LOL,  Aw  …   So much for google :P   lol  Sorry I don’t know the issue or the solution.   Call Sansa’s Support number  maybe they have some magic.   Or attempt to convert the DRM content.  Or someone smarter may reply,  Good luck :slight_smile:
Message Edited by niko_sama on 02-20-2009 10:07 AM

Hey, getting Windows to manually synchronize the secure clock (necessary for DRM transfers) can be a real bugger.

Sometimes, opening the device connection (sync tab) will result in this message, offering to synchronize the secure clock.  If only those geniuses had placed an option to do so in the drop down menus, we’d be in business.

Often, you can synchronize the secure clock by formatting the device, by using the Clip’s built-in format command, then retransfer the DRM content.

Please note that formatting erases all content from teh device, and you’ll need to reload.  So be sure to save a copy of your music first.

If you use the Rhapsody service, the Secure Clock can be manually synchronized.  This clock is quite different from the familiar HH:MM:SS clocks we use every day; the secure clock is for the DRM system only.

To synchronize with the Rhapsody 4 client, a little trick is required.

Open R4 and plug in your Clip, in MTP mode.  Now try this!  Right click on the Clip, and Deauthorize, Format, and License will show up.  Try again, but HOLD [ctrl] + [shift] while right clicking a second time.  Behold!  A new option: Reset Secure Clock.

Cool, huh?

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Bob is a Genius I swear  :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Bob, but I think I found the solution last night and it appears to be simple.  I sort of had an epiphany when I got home from work last night and decided to try downloading the Overdrive book from my personal notebook PC as opposed to my work PC (where I do most of my computer work). Voila!  Worked like a charm.  So far so good. 

Connect mp3 player to your laptop.

Activate WM Player,  add the folders from Overdrive media library to the WM player sync window and click sync.