Ditto here using Sansa Clip 2GB.
Below from OverDrive is auto-ACK to report I sent to <email@example.com> a few minutes ago. Includes my observations/tests.
Will report any reply from OverDrive.
Subject: [Support Tracking …] NEW PROBLEM: Unable to transfer books to portable devices
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:19:18 -0400
Thank you for contacting OverDrive support. We have received your email and your inquiry tracking number is [Support Tracking #…]. Please include this text: ‘[Support Tracking #…]’ in the subject line of all correspondence related to this issue.
Thank you in advance for your patience,
The OverDrive Support Team
----- Original Message -----
For about 12 months I’ve been happy, regular listener to OverDrive
books from public libraries at which I’m subscriber. Great service.
I’ve enjoyed listening to dozens (scores?) of titles…usually 2-4 per week.
OS: Windows XP Pro SP3; all updates installed. I use two portable devices:
Sansa Clip 2GB
Never a problem…until Saturday evening, October 23.
- I checked out/downloaded “The Street Lawyer” (Grisham) from
Fairfax, Va., collection. Attempted transfer to both Sansa and
RCA–both fully charged–and failed.
For both devices I tried transfer using OverDrive app and got
this error result:
An error occurred while attempting to transfer “The Street Laywyer-Part01.wma”
Error details: Unable to insert the selected title.
Error 0xC00D2779: The file could not be transferred because the
device clock is not set.
For both devices I tried transfer using Windows Explorer
copy/paste and got this error result:
The file Street Lawyer-Part01.wma requires special content protection
support to be transferred to portable devices. You may attempt to
transfer with an application that supports Media Digital Rights Management.
- Investigating, using Sansa Clip 2GB device only, I
- updated device firmware from Sansa site
- reformatted device
- reset device
- reinstalled OverDrive’s “Windows Media Player Security Upgrade” for Windows Media Player v11
- reset clock using option of WMP11
- tried setting Sansa USB mode to MTP
- tried check out/download and transfer to portable device of different OverDrive library title (a different book)
…all to no avail. Same transfer failures as above.
- Additional observations:
- on different machine [OS: Windows XP Home SP3; all updates
installed.] repeated download of same title. Attempted transfer to portable devices failed as above.
- last prior successful OverDrive check out/download and transfer to portable device: October 19
- to my knowledge there have been no changes to configuration of either my Windows system or my portable devices since October 19
and…I’ve today succeeded (no problem, as always) in checking out/downloading and transferring to both Sansa Clip and RCA S2001
devices, DRM-protected books from another service I use, NetLibrary [http://www.netlibrary.com ]
Given *all* of the above, I’m inclined to think something has changed in OverDrive content since October 19, at least as I’ve seen it, except for this…
- Final observation.
In above testing, I actually checked out/downloaded and attempted transfer to Sansa Clip 2GB and RCA S2001 total of four OverDrive library books. Each transfer to these portable devices failed as described.
I also tried transferring the downloaded books to my wife’s Sansa Clip 4GB portable device. *All four transfers succeeded.* No problem.
I report, you decide. I’ll appreciate your advice.