Earphones problem

Hi,

I recently started having some issues with my Sanza Fuze 8GB.

My earphones would only work on one ear (I believe the left) and not on the right, unless I put pressure on the earphone jack, sometimes I can put a lot of pressure and put in still mode, and it would work fine. However, for running or biking, it would go from working to not working again and again.

I ordered new earphones today, but out of curiousity I tried the earphones on the computer and they perfectly worked. I nudged the cable back and forth hard, but the sound was fine. I can only imagine thing being a hardware problem with my Fuze.

Can someone give some advice on what I should do?

Thanks.

It sounds like a broken headphone jack. If it’s less than a year old, call 1-866-SANDISK and get a warranty replacement. Otherwise, it’s probably time to look for a new player.

I see,

if anyone else has this problem, one thing you could try is put a tight rubber band from the top of the player to the jack, therefore you are inserting non-stop pressure on the jack and therefore your earphones will work more smoothly. I have a feeling I might be breaking it more, but what the hell, i might as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your advice though!