Downloading videos onto my fuze??

I recently purchased a sansa fuze. I have tried to download a WMV file to it with the Sansa Media Converter. It always got stuck at 49%. I did some research and found out that you have to download Quicktime, the k-lite codec pack, and directx (not sure what it was called, but positive I downloaded it). Someone even provided links to the downloads and said they were successful. However, it still would have the same problems. Today, a day later, I tried to download the video with the media converter again. A message pops up regarding ffdshow. No matter which option I choose, the video won’t even download into the converter. I updated the firmware today. How can I successfully upload my video? Please help!

@heresatheresa wrote:
I recently purchased a sansa fuze. I have tried to download a WMV file to it with the Sansa Media Converter. It always got stuck at 49%. I did some research and found out that you have to download Quicktime, the k-lite codec pack, and directx (not sure what it was called, but positive I downloaded it). Someone even provided links to the downloads and said they were successful. However, it still would have the same problems. Today, a day later, I tried to download the video with the media converter again. A message pops up regarding ffdshow. No matter which option I choose, the video won’t even download into the converter. I updated the firmware today. How can I successfully upload my video? Please help!

I have been in the situation that SMC got stuck at the middle way two or three times. I have figured it out that SMC needs a lot of computer resource. So every time i fail to do the conversion, i reboot my machine and do conversion again, no problem. Please don’t use your computer to do other stuff when doing the conversion.

Message Edited by kevin02454 on 12-26-2008 08:16 AM

@kevin02454 wrote:

I have been in the situation that SMC got stuck at the middle way two or three times. I have figured it out that SMC needs a lot of computer resource. So every time i fail to do the conversion, i reboot my machine and do conversion again, no problem. Please don’t use your computer to do other stuff when doing the conversion.

I rebooted my computer and had no other programs running. I also converted my videos into mp4 format, as recommended by another user. It worked for four videos and then it stopped working. Thanks anyways. Sansa just has problems with video converting and hopefully, they’ll make it easier.

so how do you convert your videos (WMV) to mp4?