Don't know whats up with others but my fuze+ works great

After reading all the bad reviews I was thinking I made a poor choice as I already ordered it but now I’ve had it for a few days I love it.  I got it because of the SQ and gapless play back and both are fantastic.  I’ve watched 2 moives on it and the picture and sound were great.  The touch pad is no problem for me and I’ve had no slow loading times with it almost full (only 26mb left).  Can’t say about anything eles like radio an podcast as I don’t really use them but for what I need this is way better than my Sony and my old Nano, imo.  I’ll see if thats the case in a few months but for now no complaints.

Not mine.  Just got it today through mail order, it is was dead on arrival.  Won’t even turn on.  Support advised me to return it.

MIne would not power on as well, but after charging on the provided USB cable for about 20 minutes, it would turn on. When it comes out of the box the battery level is very low.

I have seen this as well.  In fact, the one here on the desk did just that.  Press and hold the power button for a good 20 seconds to reset the device.  Try a brief press, after releasing the button, of course, for about one second.  The Fuze+ should power up.

If it does not, reset again with a 20 second hold of the button, then plug it in to the USB port for a little while.  See if if comes to life.

Of course, Murphy’s Law applies to electronics, things can fail early, or they’ll last a long time.  Call Support at 1-866-SanDisk and they’ll fix you up!  The Fuze is warranted for one year in the US, two in Europe.

Two years!  That’s cool, a great excuse to move back to Holland…hmmm…lots of great things to eat over there too.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I hate to resuscitate such an old thread, but I picked up a 4GB Fuze+ today at Best Buy and, so far at least, I’ve been very pleased with it. Firmware version is 02.37.01A. I also picked up a 4GB microSD card and loaded it up with some of my favorite Drum and Bass mixes and that did tend to slow down the boot up time the first time it was turned on with the SD card installed. The UI is not quite as responsive as I’d like, but I can live with it. I had a budget of less than $100 and ended up spending a wee bit under $90, including the microSD card.

One beef that I do have, and I don’t know if this is typical with other MP3 players, is this… if you plug the player into the PC while it’s playing a track, whatever is playing is paused when the player goes in to “charge mode” and you can’t continue listening until the player is unplugged from the PC. Bollocks!

Aside from that one issue, I’m happy with the Fuze+ and feel I made a good choice. Now if I can just figure out these fooking “ear buds”. As a former DJ I’m accoustomed to using headphones, but getting these fooking earbuds to stay in place is driving me sane.  I mean the whole purpose of purchasing an MP3 player, for me at least, is for it’s portabilty assets, but having to lug around a set of DJ headphones kinda defeats the purpose, heh?

One beef that I do have, and I don’t know if this is typical with other MP3 players, is this… if you plug the player into the PC while it’s playing a track, whatever is playing is paused when the player goes in to “charge mode” and you can’t continue listening until the player is unplugged from the PC. Bollocks!

This is common with many MP3 players because the hot PC detects the player as either a MSC (Mass Storage Class) or MTP (Music Transfer Protocol) device and “takes over” the player.

there are several ways to “charge” and listen at the same time.  The simplest is to purchase a USB AC/DC adapater which simply plugs into the wall and provides power.  Since the data lines are not used on these, the player does not detect the plug in and will allow playback while charging.

Or, if you wish, simply use your PC to address the files on your MP3 player using Winamp or Media Monkey or (gag) Media Player. 

Then play them through the computer.

(BTW, I hate that, so I have a AC USB adapter I use to charge my player while using it to power either my headphones or external speakers).