Does Fuze recognize FLAC's tags? Can it browse by folder?

Hi,

I’m considering buying a Fuze, but there are a couple of concerns I have.  I’ve read from a review that Sansa Fuze cannot browse songs by folders.  The review was a bit old, so I’m not sure if it’s still the case with newer firmware.  Most of my music collection are ripped into FLAC format with its own tagging (I’m not sure if it’s ID3 or not).  My question is whether the Fuze recognize tags in FLAC files or not.  If it doesn’t recognize those, and if it doesn’t support folder browsing, my music collection would become a mess in it for sure.

So there, my 2 questions.  Can anyone help?  Thanks! :slight_smile:

@dreamist wrote:

Hi,

I’m considering buying a Fuze, but there are a couple of concerns I have.  I’ve read from a review that Sansa Fuze cannot browse songs by folders.  The review was a bit old, so I’m not sure if it’s still the case with newer firmware.  Most of my music collection are ripped into FLAC format with its own tagging (I’m not sure if it’s ID3 or not).  My question is whether the Fuze recognize tags in FLAC files or not.  If it doesn’t recognize those, and if it doesn’t support folder browsing, my music collection would become a mess in it for sure.

So there, my 2 questions.  Can anyone help?  Thanks! :slight_smile:

Yes, the Fuze supports folder browsing (using the latest firmware).

Yes, it recognizes Flac tags.

I’m using it for listening to my music (mp3, wav, flac, ogg), audiobooks and FM radio, took some recordings, keep a few images with  me. Note that I have no use of videos on such a small screen. I like its simple operation (once I got used to it) and multi-OS support (I am a Linux addict). Just to sum up: I’ve got a friend …

Glad to hear it supports both.  Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: