FLAC on Fuze

I have some FLAC files,but I am unable to put them on my Fuze. Any Ideas?

Also, is it possible to ID3 Tag the FLAC files?

I haven’t got a fuze yet, but yes.  Maybe you need to update your firmware?

FLAC files can be tagged.  ANy of the usual tagging programs or players, unless they are limited to just mp3 should work.  Foobar, DBpoweramp, Songbird for sure. Amorak on Linux.

It could be the same issue as in this thread . . . 16 vs. 24-bit FLAC recordings.

16-bit works.

24-bit does not.

@smartinez281 wrote:

Just my 2 cents, but I’ve found that unless you have truly excellent headphones, that you’re better off not bothering with FLAC on your Sansa. It’s awesome that we have the capability, but a lot of us will only hear the placebo effect with our normal headphones. And it takes up much more space than MP3, WMA, Vorbis, etc. If you have the good stuff, however ,good luck and enjoy if you get it to work:smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@smartinez281 wrote:

Just my 2 cents, but I’ve found that unless you have truly excellent headphones, that you’re better off not bothering with FLAC on your Sansa. It’s awesome that we have the capability, but a lot of us will only hear the placebo effect with our normal headphones. And it takes up much more space than MP3, WMA, Vorbis, etc. If you have the good stuff, however ,good luck and enjoy if you get it to work:smiley:

Agreed.  I normally use Ogg Vorbis at the 350 kbps setting, and find it almost indistinguishable from the original; unless I do something crazy and connect a pair of Grado GS1000’s to my fuze!!!  :smileyvery-happy: