Do I need the converter to place pictures and music on my sansa e260R?

I have a e260R sansa, and I was wondering if there is a way to put files directly onto the sansa, (.jpeg, .wav, .mp3, .mp4) without having to go through the converter program. I use the library’s computers and they dont allow us to install anything. So please can anyone help me get my songs and pictures on my sansa without the program?

Message Edited by ramses420 on 07-26-2008 04:59 PM

Message Edited by ramses420 on 07-26-2008 05:19 PM

YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY IS ON.

(It’s considered rude to type in all capital letters.  :wink: )

Yes you need the converter for pictures or videos.

To put music on you can use WMP mode or MSC mode and just drag and drop (or copy/paste) the files onto you player using windows.

You should probably read the FAQ at the top of the page…

sry about the caps… really important, but thanks for the info…

Actually, as long as you reduce the size of the pictures down (in Photoshop, Paintshop, etc.), you can drag’n’drop them to the Sansa w/o going through the Converter. The Converter changes the format to .bmp, but the Sansa will read .jpgs too, as in the case of album art. I have a couple pictures on both my v1 and v2 players that were not run thru the SMC and they view just fine.

Just remember the size of your screen, it’s a wee bit small. The album art is about 250 x 250 pixels, but you could probably go up to 300 x 300 w/o much problem.

@tapeworm wrote:

Actually, as long as you reduce the size of the pictures down (in Photoshop, Paintshop, etc.), you can drag’n’drop them to the Sansa w/o going through the Converter. …

Hmmm- I just learnt something.

And YES you can put music on without using any software- just change your player to “MSC” mode (under Settings - USB) and plug it into the computer. You can just drag and drop files (including ANY other type of software, like if you need to save homework, pictures, games that don’t need to be “installed”, etc…) onto the Sansa.