Didn't work.

That blue ring of death link doesn’t have much help.  It amounts to a link to a linux source code for a recovery program.  I’d really rather avoid trying that if possible.  It says to enter manufacturing mode by pressing the center button and more recent Sandisk instructions say to hold down the record button.

In the answers link:

I downloaded the Sansa Updater and it didn’t detect the device and won’t install unless it does.

I tried the e250 firmware updater with similar result.

Tried the DeviceRecoverySetup and it failed to install with an error DPINST RESULT: [-2147483648]

I should have mentioned Vista is asking for a Tango Player driver update when I connect but I wasn’t positive it was related to the Sansa before.

Please do yourself and everyone else here a favor, and confine your follow-ups and further questions to the thread you started originally. Every time you post you start a new thread that makes it difficult and confusing to a.) help you, and b.) follow the progress or know what’s been done and what hasn’t.

Simply hit reply to the response message that deals with your problem in the original thread. Don’t click New Message on the main thread title page unless you have a totally different topic to discuss.

Thanks. In addition to being able to follow the entire conversation easily and in one place, this makes for a tidier forum. And everyone appreciates that. :wink:

I’m not the problem. The website software puts me in a New Message window after I hit reply.  This happens after asking me to log in.  I’m using Opera and Vista.  Also carriage returns put me a new paragraph on TOP of the one I’ve finished.  Any YOU, be nice.  You’re not doing Sandisk any favors telling me what what I should do and what I’m doing.  I did repost my reply in the original thread when I saw the bug.  But I couldn’t delete nor edit my messages since no button shows up for that in Opera.

Easy there, Trigger! Just some friendly forum advice; no need to get 'yer knickers in a knot. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are indeed issues with the Opera browser and this forum. I’ve heard the same complaints from others.

Easy there, Trigger! Just some friendly forum advice; no need to get 'yer knickers in a knot. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are indeed issues with the Opera browser and this forum. I’ve heard the same complaints from others. I’m sure you would agree though, that all the different threads makes it most difficult to follow. :wink:

No tapeworm, i can’t agree.  It’s not opera’s fault.  It’s the website using proprietary Msoft extensions that makes it incompatible.  But what are we talking about?   I need to know how to make linux or vista access whatever passes for partition information on the e270v1.  No software will be able to fix anything unless that happens or something like a dos boot disk is used  fCan you help me?

abejjr wrote:
No tapeworm, i can’t agree.  It’s not opera’s fault.

I didn’t say it was; just that there have been compatibilty issues when using the Opera browser with this forum.

Thankfully I’ve never needed it, but this link with step-by-step instructions on usiing the Linux-based e200tool may help.