Device not recognized

Howdy, bought a 4gig clip the other day, got it all set up and put a bunch of songs on it. I plugged it in yesterday and I got the balloon saying “usb device not recognized” and, of course, could not put any more songs on it. I tried reloading the disc that I got with it (best buy) and still nothing. Tried different usb ports, nothing. The clip says “connected”. Using XP sp2. Anyone ever have this problem?

Thanks!   Hate to take this back    Greg

@bajeez wrote:

Howdy, bought a 4gig clip the other day, got it all set up and put a bunch of songs on it. I plugged it in yesterday and I got the balloon saying “usb device not recognized” and, of course, could not put any more songs on it. I tried reloading the disc that I got with it (best buy) and still nothing. Tried different usb ports, nothing. The clip says “connected”. Using XP sp2. Anyone ever have this problem?

Thanks!   Hate to take this back    Greg

Here is a link to a good step by step:  Sounds like you have tryed a few, but there are more possibilties.   Hope this helps.

http://kb.sandisk.com/cgi-bin/sandisk_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=42&p_created=1221328944&p_sid=PucZI9qj&p_brand=sansa