Cruzer Force USB Flash drive.

I have a 32GB Cruzer Force USB flash drive. I have installed it into a mac mini ok and the secure mode and the ordinary mode works in the mac mini ok but when I put it into a PC laptop or a PC desk top it will only work in ordinary mode. The Secure vault will not open even when typing in the correct password. It is supposed to work in both PC’s and Apple macs. I cant see much point in having it if it doesn’t.

Sandisk do not seem to know about or even answer my problem in a direct way.

Thaks Alan Beasley

:smiley:    Hi Alan,   

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Remember that, there are two softwares, one for Windows and one for Mac.

Compatibility:
SanDisk SecureAccess software is supported by Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5 and up.

Use with a Mac requires other software download.

And SanDisk SecureAccess Software you must install in the UFD.

The latest version of SanDiskSecureAccessV2, you can download (free) from here:  

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399
         http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2413

1-     Download on the UFD, to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, (if you have PC).

Beware 1: If you figure thus: SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win .exe , go Tools/Folder Options/tab/View/ and tick: hide file extensions, by the way, you notice, that are also branded the choices: hide files protected, and do not show hidden files and folders.

2-     Then, you install the program, password, etc. And you will have two files:
2.1-  SanDiskSecureAccessV2_ win , (the application).
2.2-   SanDiskSecureAccess Vault , (which is the folder that contains the encrypted files).
2.3-   If you lose or delete to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (2.1), there is no problem, as other download, and ready.
2.4-   But if you lose or delete a SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (2.2), missed all content.
2.5-   If, you can change the name, the application (2.1).
2.6-   Do not you can change the name, the folder/Vault (2.2), because the name is generated by the application (2.1), and if you change it, the application will not open, and will generate a new Vault.
2.7-  If, you can move on, too, to the application (2.1), a any folder.
2.8-   You can not move the folder/Vault (2.2). You should leave it in the root of the UFD, because that is where the going “find” the application (2.1).

2.9-   There is an option (in the toolbar My Vault), _ which generates a Backup _ (for SandiskSecureAccess Vault), to your PC.

Beware 2: Always make, backup content, copy the Vault, clone the UFD, etc., and save everything in “safe place”.

Enjoy!

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

:smiley:    Hola Alan ,

Estimado miembro de la Comunidad SanDisk , bienvenido.

Recuerda que hay dos softwares, uno para PC y uno para  Mac.

Compatibilidad:

SanDisk SecureAccess softwarees  es soportado por Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5 and up.

El uso en una Mac requiere descargar otro software.

Y que SanDisk SecureAccess Software, debe ser instalado en la UFD.

Está la última versión, de SanDiskSecureAccessV2, que puedes descargar (free) de acá:  

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399
         http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2413

1-     Descargar en la UFD, a SanDiskSecureAccessV2_ win , (si tienes PC).

Cuidado 1: Si te figura así: SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win .exe , ir a Herramientas/Opciones de carpeta/pestaña/Ver/ y tildar: ocultar extenciones de archivo, de paso, te fijas que también estén tildadas, las opciones: ocultar archivos protegidos del sistema, y no mostrar archivos y carpetas ocultas.

2-     Entonces, instalas el programa, contraseña, etc. Y tendrás dos archivos:
2.1-   SanDiskSecureAccessV2 _win , (que es la aplicación).
2.2-   SanDiskSecureAccess Vault , (que es la carpeta que contiene los archivos encriptados).
2.3-   Si pierdes o borras, a SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (2.1), no hay problema, pues descargas otro, y listo.
2.4-   Pero si pierdes o borras a SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (2.2), perdiste todo el contenido.
2.5-   Si, le puedes cambiar el nombre, a la aplicación (2.1).
2.6-   No le puedes cambiar el nombre, a la carpeta/Vault (2.2), porque el nombre, es generado por la aplicación (2.1), y si lo cambias, la aplicación (2.1), no lo va a abrir, y va a generar otro Vault nuevo.
2.7-   Si, puedes cambiar de lugar, también, a la aplicación (2.1), a cualquier carpeta.
2.8-   No puedes cambiar de lugar, a la carpeta/Vault (2.2). Debes dejarla en la raíz de la UFD, porque ahí es, dónde la va a ir “a buscar”, la aplicación (2.1).

2.9-   Hay una opción (en la barra de herramientas de My Vault), _ que genera un Backup _ (para SanDiskSecureAccess Vault), a su PC.

Cuidado 2: Hacer siempre, backup del contenido, copiar el Vault, clonar a la UFD, etc., y guardar todo, en “lugar seguro”.

¡Disfruta!

Saludos, Alfred.

Thank you Alfred, works a treat
Alan

:smileyvery-happy:   Ok!!   Joy!!

Alegría!!

Freude!!

Gioia!!

Joie!!

喜悅                        

Gaudium!!

Halleluyah!!