Clip won't play music/ radio

Hi.

I’ve been using my Sansa Clip for 9 months now, an never had any problems.

I have it full of music, but always have had…

Yesterday, it stopped playing music. It had ben working, as I was walking to college. I turned it off, put it in my pocket.

Then after, music won’t play. 

At first I thought it was my headphones broken, but the display showed that the seconds count on songs wasn’t going past 00.00

I tried the radio, which I haven’t used before, out of curiousity. Nothing.

Oh and it may be worth noting that when it is turned on, it stays at the oppening screen, with the sansa mark, for much much longer than it used to.

Anyone know how to help with this? 

It wasn’t dropped or crushed by anything, and it was working fine.

Sorry if this has been asked before! 

EDIT - Having connected the player to my PC, to see if deleting a song/ adding a song may help, there is def something wrong…

Opening My computer >> Sansa Clip >> Internal memory no longer shows folders for music, but instead an iconshows…

DevIcon.fil

Am I going to have to format the player? :frowning:

Looks like the music files are gone anyway. 

Message Edited by kultura on 09-07-2009 11:56 PM

Message Edited by kultura on 09-07-2009 11:57 PM

Can you format from the Clip’s Settings?

Yeh.

I did format it, everything’s back to normal now…Just needa replace the musci now!

Thanks! 

I am having exactly the same problem but I don’t understand the solution.

My music stays on 0 secs when I hit play and the clip is slow to boot up or turn off.

What did you change in settings?

Thanks

This actually happened to me yesterday…time count would stay on 0:00. Soft reset didn’t work, so I had to format. Ever since, eveything is fine.

@aashas wrote:

I am having exactly the same problem but I don’t understand the solution.

My music stays on 0 secs when I hit play and the clip is slow to boot up or turn off.

What did you change in settings?

Thanks

On the Clip, go to Settings (press the small house button and click down to Settings and select it), and select Format.  

i just formated it, but the problem remains, and its only in 1 album

You’ve picked up a thread that is 3-1/2 years old. Perhaps you can explain, in detail, your particular issue?

@miikerman wrote:
You’ve picked up a thread that is 3-1/2 years old. Perhaps you can explain, in detail, your particular issue?

And in a new message/thread. :wink: