Clip+ won't play in my car through Nissan Connect Audio system.

Can anyone help with how to get the Clip+ to play and display info on the car audio system screen.  I have a new Nissan Juke with Nissan Connect Audio/Sat Nav system.  The car system just won’t recognise the player.  Tried changing usb modes, tried different usb cables.  Anyone out there had this issue and solved it?

It should connect in MSC mode. If it’s not, I wouldn’t know why. Is there a memory card in the slot? If there is, you might try pulling it out and trying again. Your car’s stereo system won’t be able to read more than one external drive, but normally they just ignore the card slot.

Good thought Tapeworm but that doesn’t solve the problem.   When the device is connected to the car system - either with the supplied cable or other usb cable - the device shows images of the Clip+ interfacing with a computer, plus the battery icon shows it as a solid yellow battery (i.e. not blinking or charging).  Any more ideas?

Also - should add - this is a new Clip+ only just bought it, and have had several Live Chats with SanDisk support, who haven’t yet been able to come up with a solution, but in fairness are still working on it.  They have been very helpful and patient, as I am not very technical.  I have also updated the firmware.  I just hoped someone out there would provide the answer.  I just wanted to plug and play!

Did you try putting the music files in the root of the player? Are they mp3 files? Will the car stereo play mp3 files that are on a usb flash memory stick?

Same problem but in a Nissan Note with NissanConnect. After plugging in all that comes on the screen is a list of song titles that scroll through without ever playing. I have tried putting some songs on the root of ‘Internal Memory’ and also in the Music folder. An older Wharfedale MP3 player works first time, every time.

@brucep wrote:

Same problem but in a Nissan Note with NissanConnect. After plugging in all that comes on the screen is a list of song titles that scroll through without ever playing. I have tried putting some songs on the root of ‘Internal Memory’ and also in the Music folder. An older Wharfedale MP3 player works first time, every time.

As asked before, what is the format of the songs, and is that format supported by the stereo unit in the car? Mp3’s are pretty much universal, but .wav, .ogg and .flac for example usually are not supported (meaning they won’t play).

Songs are all Windows Mp3. I’ve given up with the Sandisk and returned it to Amazon as incompatible. I’ve bought a TDK USB 8Gb stick and everything works OK. Maybe the problem lies in the ‘Internal Memory’ setup as on the the USB stick everything is on the root. As far as I’m concerned it’s a case of problem sorted!