Clip+ stuck on flower logo. Won't connect to PC. Hopeless?

So I’ve seen this same problem mentioned a number of times and none of the solutions listed have worked for me. Here’s what my player does:

When it’s off and I press the power button, the player turns on and screen says Sansa and then shows the flower logo where it gets stuck. I have to hold the power button down for a bit to turn it off.

When I connect it to my PC, the same thing happens. The player turns on and then gets stuck at the flower logo and won’t show up on my PC. I’ve tried holding the center button, the left button and home button before plugging it in and none of those made any difference. I’ve tried holding down the power button for 2 minutes and nothing happens. If the player is off, it merely turns it on. If the player is on, it merely turns it off. Same thing if I hold down any other button along with the power button.

Is there anything else I can do? For a while before it got into this state, I had a problem where the player wouldn’t boot up fully 4 out 5 times when I tried to turn it on. It would just get stuck and I’d have to hold the power button down to turn it off and then try again. Eventually it wouldn’t boot up no matter how many times I did this.

The player’s not news, probably a few years old. I have dropped it a few times, but I don’t know if that really has anything to do with this problem. Is this a hopeless case? Any other tricks I can try?