8gb Clip+ Freezes on Sansa Flower Logo

Whether I turn it on regularly or plug it into my PC, it says sansa, which turns into a flower logo, and then it stays there.

I have already tried hard resetting it by holding the power button for 20-30 seconds.

While frozen, it turns off if a. I hold the power button for 10 seconds or b. Its battery dies.

Unfortunately, I cannot format it, soft reset it, or update its firmware because freezing on the flower logo stops it from connecting to the PC. Is there an even harder reset, like a different combination of buttons, or something to force a connection?

i’m having the same problem, except i’m having it on the 4GB clip, it’s served me well for a good two years, but it would still be appriciated if someone could post a possible solution, I started getting hang ups after updating the firmware some half a year back (never really tried it beofre, I don’t think the firmware is that new), since then I’ve had some random hang up, where it wold just freeze, i would do a reset by holding the power button, and then i had to wait a few minutes before turning it back on, that happened maybe 6-7 times before. it would happen once then it would work just fine for another couple weeks.

now my problem is it just hangs on the flower logo, funny thing is that sometimes it would go through get to the menu, but then the screen just goes black (backlight behind the buttons still on) but no clicks are regestered, and will have to reset it again.

Same issue here.  Sansa splash, flower logo, screen goes dark, Sansa splash again and freezes on flower logo.  Computer doesn’t recognize player, so unable to update firmware.  Very frustrated.  ANY help would be appreciated.

Go to http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/156/~/sansa-firmware-updater-and-firmware-defined and look under “Sansa Firmware Updater” click on Sansa Firmware Updater and follow the instructions.  This took care of my freezing issue on my Sansa Clip.  Good luck!

@fultonv wrote:

Go to http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/156/~/sansa-firmware-updater-and-firmware-defined and look under “Sansa Firmware Updater” click on Sansa Firmware Updater and follow the instructions.  This took care of my freezing issue on my Sansa Clip.  Good luck!

Or just look at the Firmware Thread here on the Forum. And manually install the firmware update. Nobody here (except for you) advises the use of the Updater. It’s nothing more than a resource hog and nag-ware.

Got the same issue with the ‘flower’ but also having a dam hard time getting the PC to recognise it. Have downloaded firmware but it doesn’t recognise the thing when I cable it to the pc.

Hasnt played for about 3 weeks and I’m just about ready to give it to the kids

Try connecting the player to your pc while the player is off. Format the player using your pc. Format the player again using the player’s menu. check your songs to make sure they aren’t corrupted. Use chkdsk. Check the tags on your songs and make sure they are ID3v2.3 ISO8859. Get rid of comments, album artist, and composer.

I shut it down ( hold the power for about 15 secs or so) and when I connect to pc via cable, the flower design appears and its not recognised byu PC. I have tried using device manager as well but to no avail.

Pretty annoyed by this as I thought the player was reputable.

any other help or tips are greatly appreciated.

Same issue here :frowning:

Get on the Sansa website and send a messAge to the tech support. For me it took about 4 weeks and some questions and a need to send my player to sydney and I’m waiting for the replacement to arrive.

@uglea wrote:

Get on the Sansa website and send a messAge to the tech support. For me it took about 4 weeks and some questions and a need to send my player to sydney and I’m waiting for the replacement to arrive.

Better to look up the nearest SanDisk Tech Support location to where you are and call them. It shouldn’t take 4 weeks to replace a defective product, but e-mailing back & forth would certainly take a lot more time than a phone call where you get get matters settled right then & there.

Global SanDisk Tech Support Contact Info