clip+ recovery mode?

Hi all,

My clip+ stopped showing up on “My Computer”. When connected it charges the baterry and sometimes shows connected writing, but the computer can’t see it at all.

I tried reset by pressing and holding power button and I have tried to reset factory settings, but it still isn’t recognized.

I noticed there is a procedure with the clip to show up as a 16 MB disk after which you can force it to update firmware, but is there a similar option with the Plus version?

Please help!!

Did you hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds to reset the player?

On the Clip+ you can force booting into MSC mode by holding down the center button while connecting the player to the pc. There is no point doing this though unless the player can’t be turned on.

If you can turn on the player, and you have copies of all the music on your pc and don’t use protected music, then turn on the player, choose settings, sysytem settings, format to delete all the files on the player. Choose settings, system settings, usb mode, and set it to MSC. Connect your player to the pc, and copy and paste the music to the player using Windows Explorer.

@jk98 wrote:

Did you hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds to reset the player?

Yes I did.


@jk98 wrote:

On the Clip+ you can force booting into MSC mode by holding down the center button while connecting the player to the pc. There is no point doing this though unless the player can’t be turned on.


I can even force it manually as the actual player functions okay, but it isn’t recognized by the pc in any mode.


@jk98 wrote:

If you can turn on the player, and you have copies of all the music on your pc and don’t use protected music, then turn on the player, choose settings, sysytem settings, format to delete all the files on the player. Choose settings, system settings, usb mode, and set it to MSC. Connect your player to the pc, and copy and paste the music to the player using Windows Explorer.


I actually don’t have all the copies, but I guess I’ll have no choice anyway. I’ll try the format option later and report back. Maybe I’ll manage recovering the formated files later with one of those recovery programs. I have quite an arsenal of those.

 

I would nevertheless appreciate any other available option from anybody who could help. I won’t format for the next few hours and will check whether someone posted something before doing so.

 

Thanks a lot

 

Have you tried using a different cable? The Clip+ uses a standard usb to mini usb cable. Have you tried connecting it to another pc in msc mode? In msc mode, the player appears as two external drives.

In addition to trying different USB cables, you also might want to try using different USB ports on your computer.

Especially as you don’t have copies of your files, if you care about them, before you reformat the Clip+, you may want to give SanDisk a call, to see what they might recommend.

 In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.