Clip display blank

On our third use of this Clip, the display will not work.  I know the clip is on because the blue circle light comes on.  My computer also recognizes it and I can view files on it.  I cannot find any way to get the display to come up.  I tried a reset and also a firmware update. Any other suggestion or is it simply dead, i.e. screen hardware failure?

@labtechcms wrote:
On our third use of this Clip, the display will not work.  I know the clip is on because the blue circle light comes on.  My computer also recognizes it and I can view files on it.  I cannot find any way to get the display to come up.  I tried a reset and also a firmware update. Any other suggestion or is it simply dead, i.e. screen hardware failure?

Try deleting everything off of the clip, and then restart it. If there is no change try and return it to the store and tell them its a defective player and get another clip. IF they wont, then contact SanDisk.

The normal suggestion for a bizarre circumstance:  reformat the Clip under its Settings option.  But you can’t get there.  Totally guessing, however:  try a reformat using Windows/your operating system, and then re-apply the latest firmware?  I guess, it couldn’t hurt …

I had the EXACT SAME problem.

I managed to fix the Sansa Clip by taking it apart and cleaning it up a bit.

I have posted full instructions here: