Card slot defective

My card slot is defective!  :dizzy_face:

I got a 8gb card for my clip+, put the card in the slot and when I pushed the card in, it came flying out!!!  Now I can’t find the card!!! :angry:

Help!!!   :cry:

Did you push it in until it clicked . . . twice? If you don’t then yes, that little bugger will will go flying across the room like an angry wasp!

The card slot has a spring-loaded push-push locking mechanism. You push it in to lock it in (2 clicks) and when you want to remove it, you push it in again (2 clicks). When locked into the slot, the top of the card will be almost flush with the outside casing of the player so you may need to use your fingernail to push it in to release it. But be sure to keep your finger on it as the spring pushes it out, or you’ll be crawling around on the floor cursing with a flashlight looking for it again. :wink:

Well we can’t help you find it, but did you push it in until it clicked . . . twice? If you don’t then yes, that little bugger will will go flying across the room like an angry wasp! [Careful, you’ll put 'yer eye out, kid!] :smileyvery-happy:

The card slot has a spring-loaded push-push locking mechanism. You push it in to lock it in (2 clicks) and when you want to remove it, you push it in again (2 clicks). When locked into the slot, the top of the card will be almost flush with the outside casing of the player so you may need to use your fingernail to push it in to release it. But be sure to keep your finger on it as the spring pushes it out, or you’ll be crawling around on the floor cursing with a flashlight looking for it again. :wink:

Haha! I had that happen to me one time to.

Your story is so much more epic though. Do make sure it did lock, as Tapeworm stated.

Unfortunately, been there and done that.   :frowning:

I have since learned to cover the card when putting it in and taking ot out, lest the spring take over again …

I found the card!  :smiley:  now it’s safely inside the slot.  I put a big piece of tape over it.  no chance of it flying away again! :smiley:

That’s the way it works?! :dizzy_face:  There should be a warning placed over the slot to tell people.   Thanks for the help.  :smiley:

@shoemaker wrote:

I found the card!  :smiley:  now it’s safely inside the slot.  I put a big piece of tape over it.  no chance of it flying away again! :smiley:

That’s the way it works?! :dizzy_face:  There should be a warning placed over the slot to tell people.   Thanks for the help.  :smiley:

Glad to hear you found it. There’s no need for tape; all that’s going to do is gunk up the casing of the player. The locking mechanism is very secure. Once locked in, there’s no way that card is coming out until you push it in again and release the lock.

Yes, that’s the way it’s supposed to work. The spring is there to “aid” you in removing the card.

Warning label? Really? You might like one on your morning java too:

:stuck_out_tongue: