Clip+ micro SD card ejects too easily

Hi all,

I recently lost my Clip+ 4 GB and am considering a replacement.  One thing holding me back is a problem that I had with my clip where the micro SD card would pop out too easily.  I know the card was installed all the way.  It would then come out during the course of the day while in my pocket or while clipped to my shirt while doing work, etc.  Of course, the clip would then have to take time to see all the music again.  It happened with more than one card, and became such a nuisance that I stopped using a card.

Long story short:  Has anyone else had this problem and/or has it been corrected?  Thanks!!!

Matters remain the same, but: you could put a case on your player like the ubiquitous silicone cases that are around (at eBay, Amazon, etc.) for just a few dollars and that should add enough extra thickness to the player so that the microSD card will be “recessed”; also, the newest Sansa Clip player, the Clip Zip, has a totally recessed microSD card arrangements–you might want to check it out.

Can’t say that I’ve ever experienced this, nor have I ever read anyone posting here mentioning it. Sounds like you just had a bad unit.

The spring mechanism that holds the card in the player should have two faint clicks when the card is inserted and then locked into place.  If you heard that and it still frequently falls out, then I, also, suspect a faulty locking mechanism.  I’ve dropped my clip+ (without a case on it) a couple of times, thankfully onto a carpeted floor, and the card didn’t even come loose.  No refresh happened so it’s not that easy for the card to be knocked loose.

The same thing happened to me. i agree completely. with a big memory card it also takes a long time for the device to update every time you sync to your computer. Another reason i simply don’t use a card with this device.

Yeah, in fact I had the opposite problem as the OP with a Clip+ I was checking out for my father.  The Clip had stopped reading info of the card (a problem SanDisk resolved, by replacing the Clip).  But while I was troubleshooting it, the **bleep** spring-loaded card shot out of the Clip so fast I didn’t even see where it went… Currently lost somewhere in the room, which has a dark carpet.  I heard it bounce off of something, so it could literally be anywhere, and I’ve been looking for it for a week now.

Why can’t they made microSD cards in different colors?  Black is so easily lost, it’s almost as if they want us to keep buying them or something :-o

They should put a door over the card slot in future models, both to keep the card from coming out, and to keep dirt out of the player if there is no card installed. Olympus for example has a door over the card slot in their digital recorders with a card slot.

@jk98 wrote:

They should put a door over the card slot in future models, both to keep the card from coming out, and to keep dirt out of the player if there is no card installed. Olympus for example has a door over the card slot in their digital recorders with a card slot.

Absolutely agreed–I’m always concerned that something (such as in a pocket) could bump the card and get it to be ejected.  But of course, doing something will add to the cost . . . .

I have a Clip Zip and a silicone case and I still managed to lose a microSD card. I have since put a piece of tape over the inside of the card slot in the silicone case to keep the card from escaping. I’ll probably fill it in with a little silicone sealer one of these days. I’d prefer just getting a case without a card slot, but there don’t seem to be any

On both my clip zip and clip+ the card seems to fit about the same and is almost flush and requires a thumbnail  to eject.

I have noticed that AA batteries vary slightly in fit and in some cases can’t be used. Is it possible that that there is a very slight variation in the size of the card?