Can't get the converter to work.

Hey,

I got a Sansa e280 for Christmas, downloaded Sansa Media Converter 2, but it just won’t start up! It keeps crashing with the “Sansa media Converter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.” error. So I don’t know what to do!

Is there any other converters out there that will work easily and let me put photos and videos to my Sansa e280?

Thanks in advance,
Karl

Edit: I just re-installed (For a 9th time) and I manage to open the program without it crashing, though it seems to not detect my player. (Image below)

I really am frustrated and tired of this, can someone please point me towards a viable solution?

Edit 2: Okay, I just plugged my player and the converter just randomly opened and detected it, but before I could start uploading pictures and videos, I got the error again:“Sansa media Converter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.”
I am literally desperate now. Please help!

Message Edited by Karl89 on 12-28-2007 03:45 PM

Hi, I’ve being after this bug all evening, here’s what I’ve come up with

I have reinstalled for a third time this converter

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/downloads/smc-4.220.exe

Try it!

Execute it with your player not connected

Then start the sansa media converter 2 (yes number 2)

then plug in your e280, it worked for me … of course I have installed all the previous fixes (ie v03.01.14A via the update file)

anyway good luck hope it works out for you

have a nicer day!

JL

Forgot to tell you, Vista gives me a **bleep**ting hard time!!!

Hello,

Thanks, I’ll try that right away, but tell me first; what do you mean by “all the previous fixes”?

Sincerely yours,
Karl

Those are firmware updates.  Download Sandisk’s firmware updater and follow instructions there…

Good luck!