Can't format my Clip player

Hello, sorry for my bad english

Can’t: copy mp3 files from my pc to clip player, delete/create folders/files, format with clip player settings and windows.

I  reset player and nothing happened, new folders ##MUSIC# and ##PORT#  appears in root,

mp3 files with 0bytes cant delete, help please

Try setting the player to MSC mode (Settings > System Settings > USB Mode) before formatting in Windows.

is in msc mode, in windows xp, don’t format

help please

Can you format from the Clip’s settings themselves (that is, NOT from the computer)?

No. Settings/Format–> “Format Complete” , music is empty but when i connect to my computer the mp3 files not delete, disconect to pc and turn onand appears mp3s again conclusion:not format, same problems first post

some mp3 files are 0bytes, and when i turn on clip freeze 40 seconds 

mp3 clip player directory lister:

##MUSIC#\

##PORT# 

AUDIBLE 

AUDIOBOOKS 

MUSIC 

PODCASTS\

RECORD\

DID.bin

MTABLE.SYS

RES_INFO.SYS

SYS_CONF.SYS

version.sdk

thank you for answer

And you can’t reformat the Clip from your computer either, right?

Can you connect to your computer, right-click on the Clip drive, and run a checkdisk on the Clip drive (under Properties, I believe)?  Something is goofy, here …

show message “windows can’t complete format”

checkdisk dont work when check both “disk options”,  use the “Minitool Partition Wizard” program, surface test and mark 2 read errors…

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1903/clipboard02l.jpg

Will it work now, after using Partition Wizard?  It sounds like there is a disk surface error–the only thing I can think is to try other partitioning/formatting tools, to mark off the errors and format the rest.

Not work, can’t use partitioning/formatting tools with sansa… any suggestion?

Sorry, I can’t think of anything else.  Perhaps contact SanDisk Customer Service (or, if you are with the player’s warranty period, try returning the player for a new one).  Perhaps others here will have other advice.

Can’t format clip+ too. In Windows 7 and 8, with standard format tool, disk management and partition wizard 7. Of course, FAT32.  Catalog list:

##MUSIC#\
##PORT# 

.rockbox\
AUDIBLE 
AUDIOBOOKS 
MUSIC 
PODCASTS\
RECORD\
DID.bin
MTABLE.SYS
RES_INFO.SYS
SYS_CONF.SYS
version.sdk

BUT! Player work with old rockbox and old original firmware (work with freezes, errrors, etc.)! But I don’t delete music from it. Disk check don’t finish with unknown error. Partition wizard 7 output corrupt disk. No warrantly.

@latexeerf wrote:

Can’t format clip+ too. In Windows 7 and 8, with standard format tool, disk management and partition wizard 7. Of course, FAT32.   

Did you try the on-board Format command on the player itself? Settings > System Settings > Format.

Usually nothing as a result. Or freeze.

Hey! No ideas or solutions?

Are you trying to format it while connected to your computer in the OF or Rockbox?

Original firmware don’t install (I tried boot with pushed left key - nothing). Rockbox don’t uninstall! Manually or automatic - that’s all the same as a result - rockbox don’t delete. My clip+ - forever rockboxed! :slight_smile:

To uninstall rockbox you have to boot into the Sandisk firmware. You’ll have to figure out how to fix it before you can uninstall. Which is probably a good idea, since if you could remove rockbox without fixing the Sandisk firmware your player would be bricked.