Can't charge my Sansa Fuze.

I got a Sansa Fuze from a friend who didn’t want it.  When I got it, it was completely dead.  I couldn’t turn it on whats so ever.  I plug it into my pc and try to turn it on, but it wont work.  Then I restarted my computer, plugged it in, and turned it on something happen.  My computer started up the add hardware program.  I then let it go, but then an error came.  It said device not recongized and some error about driver.  I did everything in my power to find this driver and it doesn not exist.  I have the latest version of Windows Media Player.  I run Windows Vista Ultimate.  Is there any way to get the driver so I can safely install it and charge my Fuze?

Connection Troubleshooter

The sansa fuze has two modes. The MSC mode and MTP mode, if it is on MTP mode, which is more likely, the fuze will not connect to your PC and will not charge until the driver has been loaded to your PC. Try to put the Fuze on MSC mode by doing this:

1. Turn device OFF.
  2. Slide the Hold switch down to Lock (orange color showing).
  3. Press and hold the left button ( |<< ) while connecting the device to the PC.

This will charge the player without loading any driver because the player will be recognized as any other USB device. The only drawback is that you won’t be able to load any DRM protected file onto your Fuze.