Cannot Drag Drop extracted file..

Hi, I have a 2 clips and I am unable to drag the extracted file to the root of the clip.  I cannot highlight the Sansa root or the Internal memory sub directory.  However I can drag and drop a music file to the sub sub music directory.  Please help…

Forgot to mention, I use XP and somehow previously was able to update firmware to v.  xxx.17 successfully on both clips.   The steps I have been taking is to connect clip to USB for charging.  The updater icon is moving vertically in my system tray, and I can download the firmware to a folder.  Then I extract it.  But I can’t highlight the root (Sansa Clip 2GB) or the sub directory (Internal Memory)… 

Try it in MSC mode:  Clip on hold; andf press and hhold the center button down while plugging the USB cable between the Clip and your computer.

Try it in MSC mode:  Clip on hold; and press and hold the center button down while plugging the USB cable between the Clip and your computer.

Thanks, That worked.  I notice that MSC has been added and now located below Auto Detect and MTP in the USB Mode menu.  What and how should I leave it on to operate normally?  I just want to import playlists from MediaMonkey as I have been doing and update firmware as needed…

MSC is just a fancy way of saying that the Clip appears as an external drive–the simple, old fashioned way.  As such, it will work with a greater variety of systems.  Its only “issue” is, it won’t do DRM’ed music.

Also, while music in either mode will appear and play on your player, when you connect to a computer, only music transferred in MSC mode will be visible on your computer when you are hooked up under MSC mode; and only music transferred in MTP mode will be visible on your computer when you are hooked up under MTP mode (but, as you saw, you can flip the player between the 2 modes, under settings/usb). 

Because of that and so as to have all my music visible at one time, and because I don’t do DRM, and so that I can use my player on more computers, I just leave my player in MSC mode.   

And FWIW, MediaMonkey will have no problem syncing music to the Clip in either mode.