c140 and Windows Vista

When I connect to Windows Vista Acer computer the computer recognizes that the device is a c140 and asks for a driver. Does anyone know where to obtain this driver? I cannot see the c140 in “My Computer”. Thanks.

All of the drivers needed are native to windows. It should be on there already… they belong to microsoft. Sandisk does’nt have them to send them out.

Maybe trying to change the mode on the player from mtp/auto detect to msc. Its done by going to settings on the player and selecting “usb mode”.(something along those lines atleast)

After making sure msc is highlighted, does it still not show up on your computer or any computer you try it on?

Thanks for your reply. My XP S2 machine picked up the player immediately. I am able to use that machine but I have a new laptop that I travel with and would like to be able to transfer files. Vista sees the c140 but when it goes to install it, it chokes and asks for a driver and cannot see the device. In “Device Manager” it sees it as “unknown device!” and lists c140. So it does recognize it but doesn’t install it.

I’m not suprised. Check out this article. There are tons of them just like it all over the web.

Thanks for trying. Any suggestions on where to turn for help?

To be honost, no. Short from calling microsoft and chewing them out for something I am sure they are already being chewed out for. I can surf the web for possible solutions, but I dont know one off the top of my head.

Thanks. One would think that Sandisk would have a solution for this on there website. Surely this has come up.

They do have one, just not the most convenient one. They even have videos on how to do it.

terpaul wrote:
When I connect to Windows Vista Acer computer the computer recognizes that the device is a c140 and asks for a driver. Does anyone know where to obtain this driver? I cannot see the c140 in “My Computer”. Thanks.

First you will need to uninstall the device from device manager. To do this right click Computer and select manage, then on the left hand side of the computer management window select device manager. Next expand Universal Serial Bus Controller or Other devices and look for a SanDisk device showing with a yellow question mark (?). Once you locate the SanDisk device, right click it and select uninstall. Next navigate to C:\Windows\INF and delete the infcache.1 file. Finally reboot the PC. Once the PC has fully started reconnect the device and <xml:namespace prefix=“st1” ns=“urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags”>Vista will rebuild the driver database and install the device.</xml:namespace>

Thanks drlucky!  That worked great. Thanks. It found the device in MSC mode and now it sees it in MTP also.

no problem